S3 Engine pic request

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi guys, does anyone have any pics of their S3 engine bay with the middle engine cover off, I'm after pics of BAM and AMK engines to see how the breather is routed from the rocker cover back into the turbo inlet pipe, as I'm trying to modify a Samco hose to fit my APY engine, but obviously, the holes don't line up.
Also, is it vital for the Diverter Valve to dump the air back into the inlet in the direction of the airflow?

Any use to you?

chris3029.jpg

The DV inlet direction shouldn't matter, the air in the TIP is flowing fairly rapidly into the engine and any DV air will get sucked in too.

Can't even see the DV in your pic Chris, nevermind the breather hose lol. Thanks though...
HTC said:
Not sure if these help.
1124922756053983066S600x600Q85.jpg

1123336239053983066S600x600Q85.jpg

DV should dump air in direction of inlet.

Nice one HTC, in the first pic, I can see the routing of breather hose, on my APY, it goes straight into the TIP like the DV is positioned in the second pic.
I guess I better point the DV to fire the excess air in the direction of airflow then... so would it make a difference if the airflow was going into the breather pipe location? It's just what I have to play with on my Silicon TIP I have, I will post a pic when I get a chance.