got the car back guys!

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
hey guys picked the car up yesterday, the knocking noise way a stress bolt that someone previously had bodged (me thinks Audi!), your meant to put new ones in if you take them out and the old ones had been used and were finger tight! anyway, the whole bottom has been changed so Ive got to run it in for 1000Miles, only running 1bar of boost at the moment instead of 1.7 so feels similar to a remapped one until i hit the 1000mile mark. Ive got to go back up there then so they can remap it to 370bhp! cant wait! the guys were very good last night, explained everything to me, and there has been alot more work put into the car than i first thought so i take back all the moaning as they have done a very good job on the car really please! ill post some pics soon going on holiday tomorrow so ill try get some on tomorrow!

Glad you got it back. Now go and do 1000 miles this weekend.

Good to hear you finally collected it!

Will be waiting for photo's, like everyone else no doubt!

:cool:

Oh dear ed, computer's hey! lol

All the gear, no idea!! ;)

Oh and show us the engine, since thats where all the work has been done! :faint:

what stress bolts are you on about? Head bolts....?? where in the motor were they...?

excellent news! if it were me, i'd do a monster marathon and get those miles in 2 days :D

hope you like!

well he called them stress bolts! right next to the fly wheel this one was. Ive done 250 miles now sick of the sight of the m4 now! the only problem have got is it's having trouble idling when started up? only when its warm tho, if you keep the revs up when you start it for about seconds it's OK? the engine looks the same as before from the top! underneath it's completely different, the welding that has been done is unbelievable!

Not much fussed on pictures but i'm very interested in seeing a dyno plot once it's fully mapped.

What work have you had done, and who,s done it sounds good. mine has 1.9 engine rebuild and a ihi vf34 turbo running 355bhp it also starts and idles a bit rough.