happy chappy....

jarvis**turbo**

Reaction score
my s3 was recently due for a service....i manged to get in touch with a audi technician and had all the work done inlcuding all audi parts(plugs,filter, oil, fuel filter, new dumpvlave as myn was knackered, throttle body clean and reset,airfilter, pollen filter complete checkover)...cost me just over 200 squid.audi stamp too.reckon it wud cost me silly money at audi themsleves....

......Did he do it at an audi garage then...?

It just shows how much reliance you can put on a "FSH" in the book doesn't it! Personally, the stamps to em mean nothing. I always get to see the invoice too when looking at a car.

If he did nto do it at his place of work, did he run all the proper diagnostics etc.?

Something similar happens to Porsche mechanics. Most of them are self employed rather than being employees of the garage, and as such, they have their own tools, and have access to service bays 'out of hours'. Thus if you know one you can have your car serviced on the dealer premises but paying the mechanic directly.
I couldn't see how the dealer would be happy with that but ultimately it doesn't do them any harm as it tends to be the older cars that are serviced that way which wouldn't be dealer serviced anyway so they aren't losing any income. It keeps the mechanics happy as they get to earn a little extra and the owner is happy as they are getting a bargain.