lowering issues

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
i have just orderd some coilovers for my s3 and was wondering what problems i may encounter as i drop it down.

any help would be great ...

looking to drop it on to 19"s as much as poss..

If you go really low you'll have to change your anti roll bar otherwise your original one will rub on the driveshaft.

im running r32 front and rears at the moment is that ok?

You will scrape the bottom of the car on pretty much anything and the sump too.

ok maybe when i said as low as poss i was over doing it i still want to get 4 in the car without getting grounded:blackrs4: .

now as for being part of the "scene" what does that mean? is the scene a bad thing? i assume you mean the boy racer look with chrome wheels and a loud zorst or maybe some neons... no thats not me i like my cars to sit lower than standard and the arches to be filled either by lowering or fitting bigger wheels or a little of both. i like to keep the look subtle but diffrent. now to the handeling of a lowerd car, if the car is on coilovers, as it will be, if the c/o are set at the highest setting or the lowest setting the car will roll and dive the same amount. by lowering it you will not reduce any of the travel in the springs. you will need to set up the geomatrey of course. i am going on my own expirience from running my cars at track days, a lower car will go round a bend faster than a standard hight car..

ps. sorry for the spelling...:readit:

pps. i have also now decieded to stick with the rs4's that are on it and spend the money on a full miltek to go with the AMD map..

This is mine on Coilovers, unsure how low it is as I bought it like this. Its still very useable, not harsh. Just have to take it slow over speed bumps but I think i'll be leaving it how it is as I like the look of it

DSC00256b.jpg

looks good. i think with my rs4's and a nice drop it will look petty good. yours are 17's arnt they?

Yeah just the standard Avus 17 inchers.

Yeah I prefer em to the RS wheels, every VAG car you see nowadays has them on.

joe6886 said:
This is mine on Coilovers, unsure how low it is as I bought it like this. Its still very useable, not harsh. Just have to take it slow over speed bumps but I think i'll be leaving it how it is as I like the look of it

That pic looks like someone had a play with photoshop.

Either that or theres metal worms eating your arches.