wana turbo upgrade?????

BIG MUS

Reaction score
any1 gt any ideas on the best turbo upgrade 4 my s3?

i wanna get ijectors 2 i need more power lol lol!!!:racer: :respekt:

look i wanna upgrade my turbo and was wonderin which one to go for?

i also wanted to upgrade my injectors and was thinkin about getting the green tops(350cc) or the red tops(550cc)?

iv already got the normal mods: CDA air fiter, Cat back exhaust system, lowered, 18inch rims, lower front splitter, chrome mirrors, T.V., FORGE rc valve..........:blahblah1:

You can upgrade your turbo with stock injectors if you like?

Some BT tuners will change injectors for safety, some dont.

One firm quotes near 350hp on stock injectors.

I would suggest you contact the tuning companies to ask their advice prices and specs. You do not mention what upgrade you are looking for, ie if you want mega power, like 400-500hp, or if 330 odd will do.

For big power you need big injectors....and roda, pistones, valves etc! Its mega bucks, but you can get a quoted c.350hp , for £4k all in, on stock injectors...!

i didnt know the standard inlectors were 386cc?

i would love 350bhp i think that would be enough!?!

whats the £4k for exactly cos i see a turbo that is a direct replacment with the standard manifold and inlet i cant exactly remember what it was i think it was a garrett gt28rs i aint 100%

because im a mechanic i just wanna buy the turbo fitt it then get it remapped

job done 330bhp i would love that!!

ATP eliminator kits are proving to be pretty good...They are the best in terms of price and ease of fitment.

For the silly amount of money you'll pay to do what you want to your car id sell it and buy an Evo, or a Skyline - or an M3 - or an S4 -

cheers guys!

iv found the turbo on awesome gti for £1200

im thinking that if i get the turbo will it deffinatly fit straight on because i dont wanna take my standard turbo off and it not bo a straight swap.

i would sell my car if i got offerd a sensible offer?

You'll need a lot more than just the turbo....

It's unlikely that any of your inlet pipework will fit. Intercoolers, high-flow cats, manifold, fpr, etc. will all be needed. Awesome's Stage 3+ should come in at about £3.5k, not fitted.

Any Audi garage will sell an RS4 maf.

really so when they say that it bolts straight on to your standard mounting point thats just a whole load of boll#cks?

so i take it 330bhp dont come cheaper than £2k lol

it not worth me gettin the MAF tomorrow and whacking it on without changing all the other bits first

chriS3 thanks for all the infomation mate your a great help(learning new things everyday about my car)

The only kits that nearly bolt straight on are the ATP Eliminators, such as mine ;)

Fitting is a bitch and not exactly what they promise. Have a look at their site - http://www.atpturbo.com/

You'll need the cats, as the standard ones cat melt, creating a blockage and blowing your engine in the process. Milltek ones will set you back about £800 or more. Injectors can be about £400, so you're already doubling the price you thought. Mapping can cost a lot too, as it will be all custom to the car and turbo.

yeah iv been on that website nearly everyday thinkin if i should just order it?

i have been lookin at the milltek cats already, i can get my remapp done from my pal at impossable performance for £300 which is reasonable? but its not worth me getting that done without the other mods? better start saving or just sell it and get something more worthy like a house! lol

while ur there chriS3 when the boost kicks in on my car i get a wicked whistle? is it me or is my turbo on its way i dont see no oil leaks coming from it?
really thats why im thinking of getting the GT28RS?

my mates have all got skylines and evos thats another reason i want 330bhp just to scare the pants off them?lol

Remapping these things is not straight forward. It's more complicated than the average generic S3 map. The guy that did mine was at it for days until he had it just right. Personally I'd rather pay an extra few hundred and take it to someone like custom code or the like.

You never mentioned your brakes. Don't forget that big turbos need big brakes. The standard ones are pitiful on standard power, useless with anything serious. More cost...

You have to mod these things because you really want to. If your mates have skylines and evos then they'll be surprised that you're nearly able to keep up, but they'll still be ultimately faster.

As for the whistle, could be a bost leak, could be the turbo. Didn't you say you were a mechanic, lol.

yea i am, but iv had this whistle for ages and cant get to the bottom of it?
im only 23 i got along way to go before i can can just talk about a problem and know what it is?

iv found a T peice broken on a pipe that comes off the recerc valve but iv had fax's from audi and that t peice aint on there and they have no idea what it is?

as for my brakes i got r32 front brakes there bigger than standard and a alot cheaper than the porkers set?

fuk skylines and evo's there just to simple and common around here.

i got a video on u tube OF WHAT I DID 2 A SKYLINE

Bud i'd remove that link just incase somebody who would be 'interested' in it has a look