What Mod Next

Pat

Reaction score
I have a 51 plate S3 (AMK) which has an APR remap, which I`m very happy with.. But I just want alittle more.. What would people suggest for the next performance mod.. I`ve been offered a Miltek Exhaust at a good price..

There's very little that will add performance beyond a remap as you're getting near the limit of the K04 turbo. Next step is to replace the turbo with a bigger item - big bucks.

Although it'd be a good idea to look at the chassis, brakes, etc.

I would recommend a milltek cat-back if you can get one cheap, they look better and give that extra bit of exhaust noise, sounds spot on now

Then I went for some Brembo 4-Pots, they make such a difference, give so much more confidence

Anyone heard about these equal length manifolds? JBS reckon it can free up the K04 somewhere in the region of 300bhp.
Have a look & tell me your thoughts. Will it work? £650 seems a little steep for them but cheaper than the big turbo route.
They have developed them for the LCR and there are a few reviews on Seat Forums.

Ive book my car in for the new manifold and Ill let you know how I get on.

S3mon
MRCtuned

simonelman said:
Ive book my car in for the new manifold and Ill let you know how I get on.

S3mon
MRCtuned

Who have you booked it in with and when? I'm looking to get one soon along with Brembo's. The ATP manifolds are a lot cheaper however there seem to have a few returned as they crack and basically not fit for purpose.

Hi Aky

Booked in with JBS on the 14

I dont no how the mainifold works with a stnd turbo but as I running a hybrid it should work well.

S3mon
MRCtuned

Hi Jojo

The car has been @ Hawards Heath for the last few months

Ive uprated the front brakes and now running Movits they are very very good.

S3mon

Aky said:
Anyone heard about these equal length manifolds? JBS reckon it can free up the K04 somewhere in the region of 300bhp.
Have a look & tell me your thoughts. Will it work? £650 seems a little steep for them but cheaper than the big turbo route.
They have developed them for the LCR and there are a few reviews on Seat Forums.

Seems like a decent thing, but the compressor maps from a K04 show you can't get anymore than about 285bhp out of it....

i would like to see the results from a K04 turbo, not one of these hybrid turbos

in this post from jbs

see

JBS Mike said:
caney said:
so from just a manifold your getting an extra 30 bhp? with torque figures as high as 330ftlbs from a ko4 :eek: i thought it was more down to how much air the turbo could push than the actual manifold?

Hi Steve

All we done was replace the standard manifold for our equal length.

On this Leon it has ARP stage 2 and a hybrid K04 turbo.

All being well the customer will allow us to put C-C on there for some more gains :)

Mike

Am I right in thinking Dahlback make a (racing) manifold? How would this compare in terms of cost and performance?

ICE