Whinning noise

Dean_20

Reaction score
now guys, recently noticed a whinning noise coming from the front when i get to about 20mph+, once at this speed the noise stays there all the time?
what do you think it could be, a bearing?

More likely is tyre noise tbh. Some tyres when even a few k miles old made a huge racket on the S3's for some reason. Normally the rears tbh.

Try swapping your wheels around the car and see if the noise moves? How old miles and what size / makes tyres may help us diagnose it too!

how many miles has the car done..? Unless you hit something a bearing is unlikely to go before 100k on a stock car with stock wheels!

erm the tyres are standard size, think they are falcon or somethin, just got them to tie me other till i get my new wheels, probs done close to 1000 miles on them. the car itself has done 37k, iv had bearing problems in my previous car n it really does sound the same, but as iv bn told, it could be 1 of many things on the s3!

if its really loud then a bearing should be fairly easy to check for if u have acess to a ramp.

Stick it up, on the stands and spin each wheel, you should be able to hear it - there'll probably also be play from top to bottom on the relative wheel