Just discovered after 3 months!

tj1978

MRX
Reaction score
My car has 2 storage compartments one under each front seat..

found a handsfree kit, 6 year old parking ticket and a pen in there.. heh heh... pity it wasnt a gold pen

Also discovered an electronic button on the side of the seat that makes an electronic whiring noise when pressed. Can someone suggest what this does ????

Wonder what else I will find !!!

The buzzing on the seat is electric lumbar support.

Either that or the previous owner installed a testicular massager.

I think the storage bins under the seats came on A3s only. The S3 has recaros with big clunky subframes hence no space for storage underneath them.

sitrials said:
!STORAGE AND RECAROS!:icon_thumright:
I got both for now.:icon_thumright:
Didnt realise the S3 didnt have the storage bins,where will i hide my sat-nav?:sadlike:

jojo said:
Nope, you get a set of standard fit electric motors that make your seat go up and down at a tough of a button. :)

Pity they dont go forward and back on the runners electric too.

what? I had an A3 for 3 years and never noticed these storage things under the seats??

I had my A3 2 years and found these approximatly 2 months ago. The previous owner had also, like tj1978, left stuff in there. Nothing as interesting unfortunatly only an asthma pump and documents.

all A3 1.8T Sports have the storage compartments. The passenger one will have originally had the first aid kit in it, the other is incase you are a drug dealer!

I never realised these were an optional extra - got them on my TDI :) - very useful for de-icer stuff etc

until the deicer bottle splits then your wondering what that smell is.....
thankfully I use to use the spray bottle type not the can so it hadnt exploded!!!

agree usefull to hide al the sat nav cable and mount.....
until figure out how to turn one of the blanks near the esp button into some sort of draw,then hard wire the power, so can plug it in and then the cable will retract automatically, got some ideas but dont want to start cutting at the blanks for it not to work