poor running s3, HELP!!!!!!!

20vtdaz

Reaction score
hi guys, ive just had my s3 remapped and on the way back i noticed that under load the car stutters as if miss firing, so i take it back and the guys says coil packs which was my first thought, i have now changed all 4 coils, the n75 just in case and this is still happening, has anybody got any ideas, its driving me mad, thanks guys, daz

hey mate its gotta be you MAF! i had the same problem, with mine you'd floor it, and it would sound like it was holding back then suddenly go.

out of interest, where did you take it? Suprised they didnt offer to change the packs for you and diagnose it themselves. Thats not too great aftersales... unless of course, i could be jumping the gun and you asked them not to change them...

hi guys, well he did diagnose it as being coil packs and i know the guy so i said i would do it as to be fair i was also confident thats what it was so i left it at that, but now ive changed all 4 its still doing it,another mate of mine has vagcom and it doesnt seem to be the maf( should've stated that) although that would also be another common problem, im going to check the plugs and change them but other than that im stumped, any thoughts? thanks for reply's btw guys daz

when my MAF went vagcom didnt bring it up either, unplug the MAF and if it is that the car should run fine, go do it now!!

This sounds exactly what happened to mine after about 20 mins of enjoying a new re map, mine turned out to be a coil pack, but I see you have chnaged those already - good luck with getting it sorted!

i disconnected the maf and the problem got better the more i drove it until nearly nothing at all,a little glitch but minimul, surely it should have dissapeared straight away not progressively improve??????????? im so confused, lol

Change the MAF.

Where was it remapped? Did they log the maf readings when tthey did it?
should have done and changed the maf it it was suss

hi guys soz ive been away so couldnt post, its turned out it was the maf, ****** things, lol, but thanks for all your help guys its very much appriciated, daz