s3 bumper strip

paul_brad

Reaction score
hi peeps,
you know the plastic strip on your rear bumper, above the exhaust? Mine is really 'grey'. Its very similar in colour to the rest of the car actually (dolphin grey), but I assume it was once upon a time nearer black?

Also, I have some funny corodded bits on it, which are actually completely black, which is showing up badly against the faded grey. Just little bubbled up bits. Seems odd, with it being plastic.

does anyone have any tips for dealing with all this?

ta.

its should be the same colour as the strips at the bottom of the doors. Mine is also "grey", but as you say it could of faded over time!

I put back to black on mine and that brightens them up a bit, although i wouldnt know what to suggest with regards to the bubbling???

bubbling sounds like a poor respray job over a damp surface.

hmmmmm. Ive seen this 'coroding' on another S3 I looked at, before I bought the one i did. The strips down the side aren't particularly dark either, but i think they're faded too.

Ive just been outside to look again, and actually, it looks like the grey rubber finish is starting to dissapear on bits of the edge. Thats probably a better description. forget the bubbling!

Don't know about fading, but I have recently changed one of my door ones with a brand new item, and it matches the colour of the rear one, and my S3 is coming upto 8 years old!