big brake kits

20vtdaz

Reaction score
hi guys im after some bigger brakes for my s3 but the concern i have is that the car is on rs4 wheels and im led to believe they wont fit, is this true and if so what other options do i have, thanks guys, daz

Nonsense :)

You might need spacers though...

chris3035.jpg

What brakes are those Chris? The caliper looks huuuge.

mate they are lush ! ! ! so im assuming you run spacers? thing is i tried some 8mm spacers up front and didnt like the look of them or the fact that they didnt seem safe with out the hubcentric bit, was thinking of wilwoods as they do a slimline version? anyone had any views on them? thanks for comments by the way,

They look awesome, bet there is some stopping power there. Are they 6 pot's?

joe6886 said:
They look awesome, bet there is some stopping power there. Are they 6 pot's?

Porsche/Brembo 4 pots.

chris3017.jpg

With the RS4 reps I run 16mm spacers at the front. Even then, there's only just enough clearance, less than 1mm in places. With the 8.5x18" et30 BBS wheels I use 10mm spacers. You could get away with 5 or 8mm ones, but I prefer the hubcentric type.

20vtdaz said:
mate they are lush ! ! ! so im assuming you run spacers? thing is i tried some 8mm spacers up front and didnt like the look of them or the fact that they didnt seem safe with out the hubcentric bit, was thinking of wilwoods as they do a slimline version? anyone had any views on them? thanks for comments by the way,

If you're worried about the fit and want better braking, the Brembo GT kit is work looking at. If you want bling, then the ECS kits are good. The Stage 4 and 5 uses Cayenne 6-pots and 358mm discs. Quattronics do good kits with GT3 calipers too. I've not seen any 8mm hubcentric spacers, but I believe H&R do them. Try DPM. If not, go for 10mm.

I think smallest H an R hubcentrics is 10mil a side...?

it was an eibach kit that ive sent back now, but i was told they were, i really want to avoid spacers where possible,

why not give Quattronics a try mate they do a kit with boxster 4 pots on standard s3 disc and fits fine without any spacers with avus rims and is nearly same size as the brembo 4 pots so brake feel is kept

20vtdaz said:
it was an eibach kit that ive sent back now, but i was told they were, i really want to avoid spacers where possible,

No need to be so keen to avoid spacers, just keep away from lugcentric spacers. If you lower your S3, chances are it'll look like the wheels are sucked in.

I've just fitted 996TT (GT3) calipers on R32 disks and have to run 15mm spacers on MTM reps (35mm offset) although could probably get away with 12-13mm spacers if I could get hold of them...