Forge Splitter DV

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hello guys just wondered if any-one had fitted one of these yet?

Ive got a quite loud exhaust and wanted a Wooshy sound that i can hear over the exhaust sound, Thought this might do the job?

Cheers

what setup are you running at the moment?

ive got a CAI on mine, with a forge 007, and a revo map, and its actually rather loud when i back off!

A cold air intake, like a BMC or Carbonio, combined with a Samco TIP give the best noise. A remap helps as you'll have more boost to divert and more air going through the DV.

My 007P is a lot louder than my mates splitter.

does the TIP actually alter the sound as well then? how so?

im intereted in fitting a samco/forge TIP, whats the real advantage in doing so?

i fitted my tip a few weeks back, there is an increased sound from the bailey, im running std airbox, and wont be fitting an ind kit, i believe they sap power from the engine by drawing in how air

i have a turbosmart dual port to intake and atmos but it seems to make the car run rich , you can smell the cat after driving hard ?

Looks like i'll just go for the 007P. Thing is i didnt want to buy a New DV and be disppointed with it as ive just replaced my OEM one for another one as it failed.

So question is will i see an increase in sound? Call me a chav but im 18 and like a bit of noise hehe.

Jason

Booth_S3 said:
which do you agree with DPM the fact that the 007p is louder or the CAI and TIP?

I agree with both really, the fact that to get any real noise you need a different kind of air box (modified, neuspeed, carbonio, forge, K&n) and also that the Splitter DV doesn't really seem that much louder when we've fitted them as appose to the 007P. Either way I'm a massive 007P fan so I'd always say stick with them regardless!

Prawn said:
does the TIP actually alter the sound as well then? how so?

The silicon TIPs have a slightly larger internal area so more room to amplify the sound.

im intereted in fitting a samco/forge TIP, whats the real advantage in doing so?

No real advantage other than looking pretty and preventing the hose from collapsing, which can happen under high boost levels.

claudefrog said:
im running std airbox, and wont be fitting an ind kit, i believe they sap power from the engine by drawing in how air

The cone type induction kits will suck up hot engine-bay air, but the cold air induction kits should be fine. Neither will give you anymore power, but the CAIs will give the engine a nicer note.

ChriS3 said:
It should sound like Darth Vader with a cold.

sure should! mine certainly pretty loud.......

also, much more noticable sinse the remap, as you said, with much more air being diverted....