has anyone got....

Kipper

Reaction score
has anyone got any power increase figures, after chipping the S3?

as i would like to know how many extra horses and how much extra torque i'm gonna get if we go down the chippy route?

also best chip?

mine is a 210 bhp version.

cheers
Kipper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Kipper I would suggest you take a look at the Performance graphs section on the forum....

[/ QUOTE ]

Gambba are you not feeling well??? You didn't post up your usual list of chips & tuners!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PeterS3 said:
Gambba are you not feeling well??? You didn't post up your usual list of chips & tuners!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you asked for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Opps just found I've deleted it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Right I'm off to search for it!

Well eventually I found it..... I must take more care of my info!

Just to save you a bit of time ploughing through the search engines I've put my choice of top/recognised tuners for Audi's (VAG), and although originally was aimed at chip tuning encompasses general tuning as well, and does have a focus on the UK market;

Most recognised within the UK:
APR - www.goapr.co.uk/dealer/index.html - Good maps and well respected, especially in the US. Just released OBD* tuning. Switchable options using cruise control.
REVO- www.revotechnik.com/uk/ukrevo.html - Good maps, one of the first tuners to offer OBD* tuning in UK. Switchable options using switch (Dongle).
AmD - www.auto-amd.com - More than just a chip tuner, they are a complete tuner unlike many others. Respect.
Jabbasport - www.jabbasport.com/Audi/Jabbachips/Contact/contact.html - For those that want to take their tuning that little bit further. Well respected.
Forge Motorsport - www.forgemotorsport.co.uk - No chip tuning of their own but they do offer a number of great tuning products for VAG cars.
* - OBD = On Board Diagnostic. Tuning which is done via the diagnostic serial port located on the vehicle, so no chip replacement is required.

European VAG tuners:
Oettinger - www.oettinger.de or www.roadandsport.co.uk (UK dealer) - One of the longest running tuners for Audi's. A great tuner with a great range of products.
ABT- www.abtsportsline.co.uk/location.php3 - Again a long running tuner with good products. Official Audi chip tuning for The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium amongst other countries.
MTM- www.mtm-online.de or www.qstuning.com (UK dealer) - Well known for good maps with solid performance.
Projectzwo- www.projektzwo.de or www.roadandsport.co.uk (UK dealer) - Again a long runing tuner that's well respected.
SKN- www.skn-tuning.com or contact SKN (UK) Ltd. on www.scottsmototune.co.uk - Not so well known but good products nonetheless.
Upsolute - www.upsolute.com - Austrian tuner, well known worldwide.

Other recognised tuners for chips mainly;
Superchips - www.superchips.co.uk - Regarded as a general tuner offering nothing special, but map on 1.8T does produce good results!
Wetterauer - www.wetterauer.de - Not so well known german tuner, but still heard of. Used in both the US and Europe.
DBM - www.dbmengineering.nl - Similar to Jabbasport but in Holland. Nice product range with carbon air boxes. Produced a 420bhp S3 for the road!!
Bullpower - www.bullpower.nl - Very little known about this tuner.
Sportec- www.sportec.ch (Even though covered by AmD) - Relatively new to the UK scene. Good torque figures produced with the maps and satisfied customers.
Powerchips- www.powerchipgroup.com - Hardly ever mentioned on the forums, like Superchips, but look to provide good results. The website is extremely good, and the detailed datasheets provided within minutes of an enquiry are full of info. Available through www.mongooseexhausts.com or www.motorsportworld.co.uk <http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk>
Upsolute - www.upsolute.com - Austrian tuner, well known worldwide.

The below tuners are mainly for the US guys, as some tuners are not quite so well known or even available within Europe or have different US websites to the above.
APR - www.goapr.com - Very well known both in Europe and the States and stage III tuning gives very good figures.
GIAC- www.giacusa.com - Again another well known tuner in the states.
Neuspeed - www.neuspeed.com - Well known in the states, but less so than the two above.
Greedspeed - www.greedspeed.com - I don't know much about these guys but the Yanks do from what it seems.
TAP (Total Audi Performance) - www.tap1.com - Again I know nothing about these guys but they do across the water
AmD - www.amdtechnikusa.com - Newbie to the States, but based on the European arm will provide good products.
Forge Motorsport - www.forgemotorsport.com - No chip tuning of their own but they do offer a number of great tuning products for VAG cars.

All have their merits, and really it's a personal choice, and you have to check around before choosing in my opinion. There are many other smaller tuners who offer chips etc. but are not widely recognised, but can offer options cheaper than above, so additonal research will pay off.
Do not think for one moment that the above is comprehensive, it is only my opinion and based on my knowledge of tuning, the products offered and comments I have picked up on my travels and is intended to be unbiased, but I do have a weak spot for Oettinger these days.

Gambba

cheers chaps, a big help,

looking to chip my car in the new year,

listers audi will chip it for £799.00 and still stand my warranty, i think they use a revo chip, any veiws?

kipper

[ QUOTE ]
Kipper said:
cheers chaps, a big help,

looking to chip my car in the new year,

listers audi will chip it for £799.00 and still stand my warranty, i think they use a revo chip, any veiws?

kipper

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be an AmD remap... and not a bad price

Rich

ive got a standard 210 S3. Its putting out 235bhp and 245lbft. Dont ask how. I've no idea.

what sort of difference will i get from a revo remap then, and what is better?

kipper

My S3 is going into AmD on Friday. They have restructured their prices - therefore a remap for an S3 is no longer £750 + VAT, it is now only £550 + VAT.