Volks AutosEM Tuning

Thread: Suspect Revo?

Neutral

Status

Suspect Revo?

Had my S3 Revo'd earlier this year and noticed soon after a slight "hesitation/fluffiness" when accelerating hard, particularly in 3rd gear. Had the MAF changed to a brand new one but it still isn't quite right - it's as if the ECU is 'pulling' the timing slightly back. It's been suggested that I should get the people who did it (Fontain Motors) to re-do it perhaps to see if it is a glitch in the downloaded software.

Has anyone else had "issues" of this nature and what cured it?

Also, I did wonder about replacing the hoses.

However, it isn't a misfire more of a very slight brief hesitation - almost a flutter. Hard to explain how it feels. It could easily be one of the turbo hoses being 'sucked in' briefly/sort of collapsing momentarily.

What are the best hoses to go for? Samco I suppose. Which hose is it likely to be if any?

This type of problem seems to crop up often on these forums and it could be one of several things - hoses, the software, spark plugs, coil packs, etc. Surely there is way to tell/diagnose it once and for all?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    i also get this problem, with a different map tho, i have replaced the TIP with a Forge one, changed the N75, pressure tested the intake system.

big thread on seatcupra.net in the Leon Mk1 Section about it, lots of people with same problem, some with a std car, non mapped

Neutral

Status
    So you're saying there's no real answer?

What is a TIP and the N75?

3rd Gear

Status
    TIP = Turbo intake pipe
    n75 = Boost control valve

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah i had a problem like this on my S3, so i went and got my money back after having it for 1 week, Than i had the APR Remap and had no problems at all and it is quicker than the revo one. For some reason the revo remap was just not suited to my car.
    Hope this helps.

4th Gear

Status
    i had same problem, get it checked out with vag.com try changing spark plugs, coil packs
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

4th Gear

Status
    DV could be the answer
    Revo use the turbo to do a bit of the work , as with the DV needing a stronger sprins
    So could be worth looking at that if you dont have an uprated one to start with
    Throttle body check and realighn could help too
    Sarah

Neutral

Status
    I had a new Milltek HX Hyperboost Diverter Valve fitted at the same time the Revo remap was done.

I haven't looked/checked the spark plugs since I've had the car which is 5 months/2500 miles so maybe I should fit some new NGK's?

Also, I've noticed that the problem isn't there every time I drive it - most of the time, but not all the time. Could it be a coil pack which is intermittent?

If it was a split hose or one which was slightly collapsing under the extra boost pressure then surely it would do it every time the car was driven?

Neutral

Status
    I had this issue on my standard S3. Then a coilpack failed so I replaced the lot and I can't say I've noticed it since.

Dave

Neutral

Status
    Am I right in thinking Audi will replace coil packs free of charge under warranty?

1st Gear

Status
    Are you still covered by an Audi warrenty ? Did you buy an extended one ? The normal one's 3 years Si.
    Nogaro Blue 2001 S3 - Revo Remap (Stage1) - Hyperboost DV - Neuspeed 22mm + 19mm ARBs

Neutral

Status
    I bought my S3 from an Audi dealer last November and it came with a years Audi warranty so I guess I should be covered against the coil pack issue?

1st Gear

Status
    Aaaaah yes I'd say it is then. I just realised you're just down the road from me, I'm in Amersham.
    Nogaro Blue 2001 S3 - Revo Remap (Stage1) - Hyperboost DV - Neuspeed 22mm + 19mm ARBs

hud at ye bam

Status
    Out of interest, are you using Premium fuel (V-Power, etc)?
    [/sarcasm]

1st Gear

Status
    Mine suffers a bit form a similar thing still (having the MAF replaced helped alot).

Mine's a Revo from Fontain as well....

Neutral

Status
    Yes; I only run it on Shell V-Power/Optimax, etc