LCR Calipers only???

Dave B

REALITY?.... WHERE AM I AGAIN?.... WHO AM I AGAIN?
Reaction score
Just had a call from a mate with an S3 asking me if I want his 4pot LCR brembo calipers, new for £200-250????
His engine has gone poof so hes raising cash?

Only thing is they are calipers only so what else am I looking at?

Disc's Pipework ?????

Anyone know as all i seem to find are kit refferences on the quick searches, dont want to end up spending silly money or more than a kit?

Any advice really appreciated:shrug:

You need bigger discs, pads to match the callipers and calliper carriers. You might as well upgrade the hoses as well at the same time.
For reference, I got the whole lot second hand for just over £400. Discs are about £100 each from Seat garages, decent pads (e.g. Ferrodo DS2500) are about another hundred, so there's another £300 for starters, plus carriers and hoses.

do you know is the cariiers can be bought off the shelf for the LCR ones? discs and pads arent an issue from what youve said, its more where the cariers come from?

Sorry to ask 20

Yeah the carriers can be bought of the shelf at seat for £136 each plus £10 per bolt and you need 4! I am looking at doing the same setup some time soon, just gotta save the cash!

I would buy them though if you can get them for £200, id say that was a bargain! The ones on ebay above for £75 are no good as they are lug mount and for the A3/S3 you need the radial mount calipers off the boxster/911 front or LCR, good luck with them!

was going to say what steve123a said...

the parts from a dealer are hideously expensive - especially for the carriers. £136 for a small piece of metal. They must be off their face.

best bet is to find a donor car and aputate the lot, it will be worth it. Otherwise, if you're pricing it up from dealer parts, its not worth it.

I do know an machnist and could have them made.... anyone got the specs

you would need to get hold of an original to have them made!

I have been offered a few sets now, after sorting out the damage from the break in today #i will sort a set out

Cheers

****** vadalising theives:asskicking:

they are no good, they are for the Brembos on the Ibiza Cupra which run 305mm discs. Already enquired with the seller!

lol, i nearly got a second hand set of brembos for my old ibiza cupra and a brand new set of carriers were under 60 pounds a pair, have you tried to get them new at all? i spoke to a guy called bill (ibizacupra) on seatcupra.net try him out? http://www.badger5.co.uk/