Creaky plastic

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm on my second S3 now and it has the same b***dy creak as my first one! It is the plastic cowling that is just above the steering wheel (in between the wheel and the dash). If you press it a bit when driving, it goes away for a few mins and then it comes back! Anyone know of anything that I can squirt around it to get rid of the creaks! I did hear of something before but I can't remember what it was!

Thanks
Rich.

Try a silcone based spray. Or better still get a very thin strip of foam or padding from a drapers and afix that in there to stop it.

I have this problem, and got the dealers to look at it under warranty. They opened up the dash and packed the inside of the binacle with foam. When it came back from them it sounded worse for a couple of weeks, but now the sound has gone completely.

Dan

Mine to is suffering from creaks and rattles probably down to the harder suspension and bigger stereo.

I've just orderd some "Anti rattle felt strips" from vagparts £1.75 for 80CM, I got 2 rolls so I can stick it everywhere.

anti_rattle_tn_100x132.jpg