How much for Jester?

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Arvo, soon i will be able to purchase my company car. However I was wondering what is a fair price for it, the spec is as follows:

MY02 S3 225bhp, Ming Blue, Silver Leather, 50K Miles, H/S, A/R, BOSE, 6CD, 17" AVUS, F1's all round and unmodded.

Cheers

About 21k to buy on an Audi forecourt... if that's any help???

Jester, as its your company car why not take it to a few dealers and have a buy in valuation done, as they will look to make a decent profit on it, it should be pretty conservative.

A reputable dealer will also be able to give you this in writing. You can then use this as a bargaining tool with your employers. et voila a nice used S3, lovingly cared for by yourself at trade money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I may also be interested in this - after the 3 years lease contract expires use our 'cash for cars' option and buy the ******.

I'd have thought the best approach is talk to the leasing company direct and see what price they will offer you? It will be a decent discount - trade price or lower - as they would probably send it to auction anyhow.

Our leasing company are very inflexible - they offer you a price (usually fairly high), and you either accept or don't - no negotiation as they know they will get decent money at auction usually.

Maybe the best bet is to arrange for the car to be stolen, extract the engine and the interior, and then buy the shell back from the scrappies. Then employ someone like Excursion to reassemble. Job done.

IF and only if you are going to buy your company car then it would be prudent to make sure that it had just had a service, new pads, tyres, exhaust, and dont forget to get that screen replaced that has the chip in it. However before you get all of that done then do as Leddy sugests and let a dealer look at it in its raw state first. Then if you buy it what a result!!

Cheers guys, yeah the car is coming up in May 2004, so it will need a service just before that, so I'll get that sorted out before May. Good point on going to the dealers, that would probably be the best route to get a good understanding of the price.

Originally I wanted to buy my previous S3 (DanS3 now owns it) but didn't have the cash. So this is the best chance I have of getting one that I know hasn't been thrashed around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif and been neglected.

Bygone, I like your thinking but will decline the offer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

There are '01 S3's for sale with those sort of miles for under £16k. I'd be happy for £15-£15.5k from the lease company.

Best of luck,

Ben