LEAK UNDERNEATH THE CAR?? IS IT DIEING?

mr2co0L

Reaction score
Hot sunny day, decided to for a nice drive in my audi but as i returned to my usuall parking spot i noticed dabs of liquid of where my car had been sitting. Not thinking much about it i parked elsewhere just to see whether it was my car or not and realised it was!!

So i decided to take my car down to the garage who said they cant find anything wrong except that it could be the weather and as the air con is running water escapes underneath????

not sure whether the guy knew what he was talking about?

so to cut it short.....has anyone had this problem and is it something to worry about?.

MANY THANKS

Yep, water pooling underneath the car after extended use of the aircon is perfectly normal.

Dip your finger in the pool of liquid and give it a sniff (NOT a taste!!). You'll soon smell whether it's got anti-freeze in it or not so will be able to tell if it really is the aircon water.

I reckon your garage bloke is right though.

yup, totally normal, the Aircon takes the moisture out the air, so you get nice cold dry air into the cabin, and the water just collects and disposed of under the car.

I have to agree, the reason the air is dried before passing over the evaporator is because if it were moist then the components the air passes over would freeze, as would the vents in your car.