ESP light just came on!

Slick S3

Reaction score
Driving back from work and i noticed my ESP light was on, tried pressing the button but no joy, light was still on.
Checked the brake lights and there working.

Incidentally i have just the day before changed both front cv gaitors and a wishbone...so everything was taken out....apart from any sensors on the wheel. However aparently after changing the wishbone you need to get the camber alignment done? (which is prob why the steering angle is not staight to the wheels)
My steering wheel is not striaght now when the wheels are straight, and the mot guy said i need to get my tracking done as it is out.
Knowing that the esp is connected to the steering angle and tracking of the car does anyone think that if i get all that sorted it should rectify the problem.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Also both front pads and dics's were removed when doing the cv gaitors.:readit:

I also just got my car washed the previous day and they used a pressure washer!

Know anyone with VAGCOM? Get it plugged in and save ages hunting around for the problem.

not personally....anyone with a vag-com near nw london wanna help out:think:

getting the steering angle sensor calibrated is critical for ESP. There is a procedure for resetting this somewhere... it needs vag-com though.

dont know if this would cause the ESP light to come on though. Vagcom it as a4q says though to be sure.

Can this only be done using a vag-com or can it be done at a good tyre place that do the camber and tracking for the wheels....
Is this to be done because i changed the wishbone and threw out the steering angle...cos it's not straight now!