A3 INDUCTION KIT, WONT FIT! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE!! :)

mr2co0L

Reaction score
HI, I HAVE AN AUDI A3 1.8 (NON TURBO) ON A 1997 REG, I HAVE RECENTLY BROUGHT AN INDUCTION KIT FOR MY CAR A RAID COLOURMAX BUT THE KIT WONT FIT ON TO MY ENGINE, THE ACTUAL CONE DOESNT MATCH MY AIRBOX!! CAN ANYONE HELP AND GIVE ME ADVICE?? PLEASE MAKE IT SIMPLE AS I DONT ACTUALLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT CARS!!

MANY THANKS!!

if it don't fit send it back where you got it from.
i think your confused, take the lid off your airbox, then unscrew the air mass meter from the lid and then the cone should fit straight on there.
if its not then send it back.

hi, yeh ive taken off the original airbox etc and i ordered the correct induction kit for my model and year, but apparantley there were a batch of audi's that had a different connection to the engine?

sitrials said:
yeah it might just have a bigger MAF sensor
yeah it does have a bigger sensor but how do i rectify it? its meant to be a really rare case but what can i do? anyone have any contacts i can phone near the southeast??? cheers

Stick with the airbox, you will lose hp with an indcution cone filter on the end of the maf housing! too much hot air!

if i fit a cold air feed will that make a difference?

Not unless you can completely seal the cone filter from the engine bay and feed it a sealed, cold air feed.

The standard airbox is pretty good...I wouldn't bother with an induction kit unless it was a BMC or similar (sealed type) but even then you'll not get any real gains...just more noise.