New Clutch for TDI quattro

QUATTRO_REP

Diesel Power!
Reaction score
well my clutch has finally started to slip:sorry:. only slightly and did it the once but im guessing its going because it can no longer handle the extra torque of the map.
jus asking wat sort of new clutch should i be looking at as i might as well upgrade if its gonna be changed, and what sort of prices?

thanks in advance guys!

cheers guys, any places i should be looking at buyin em? might get my own clutch and get the garage to fit it. least i know what im getting then

Thats probably the best idea. I got some lads to fit a new clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder which is also known as Concentric cylinder. This is the clutch release bearing and is prone to failing.

do u have to chnge the flywheel with the clutch? and the slave cylinder as well? not had to change these b4 on my other cars
cheers

No mate, not unless it is rattling or sounds knackered. It might be an idea to replace the flyhweel at the same time as it is in the same place, just for peace of mind & possibly a saving in the long run. To replace the job lot in my S3 just cost me £610

I got my clutch direct from sachs last week through my company.. changed the slave cylinder too as it was about to give up.. car is loads better now.. cost me £200 in labour..

Mine started to slip last year, Bora PD 115, due to the re-map I think for sure, seemed worse in 4/5/6th gear!

Having it changed at the weekend funny enough but just a standard one as im selling the car

However when I find my dream A3 Quattro TDi, I am planning a re-map and other things so would imagine the clutch would be a good idea, how much are just the parts for the uprated one? and does it feel any heavier?

Cheers

Dave

ive just found a group buydoe the sachs clutches on seatcupra.net...will be posting a new thread to see f anyone else is intrested.

Spook! My car's with Vagtech as I write this for a clutch change. Quoted £500 +VAT for fitting a new standard clutch (no remap for me)

how much is that on labour batwad? just these sachs clutches are 400 quid with the discount. if i can get labour for 200 is i should b laughing :)

Apparently it's a five hour job on the quattros and the labour charge will be £200 +VAT

I got my car back tonight and have the invoice from Vagtech in front of me. Four hours labour @ £50 +VAT, and that's on an 8L TDi quattro. Excellent service too from John and the boys.

Hey Quattro Rep. I am looking at a Quattro with a Dastek Unichip. 170BHP too. How many miles had yours done before clutch went?

Can you tell me anything else about the car?

Have you done any hifi?

Anything would help.

What sort of miles have all u guys with dead clutches done? any of you diesels? car i am to buy is a tdi 130 quattro with 170bhp dastek unichip.

44k for me; oil seal failed and contaminated the clutch.

i had mine chipped at around 60K, it started to slip 3 months ago prob 73K ish..so i got about 10k before it started to slip....mine went just one night when i was hammering down the road at about 60..and the revs just jumped from 3k to 3.6 in like a sec and went down again..i knew straight away that it was the clutch...got gradually worse over time i could drive normally fine but it just couldnt handle the torque anymore. its gone in today and im currently looking for a new flywheel