Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

CD Changer Problems

Hi,

I have a concert head unit with an alpine 6CD Changer located by the sub in the boot.

For some reason everytime I press track forward it skips to any track it likes on that CD and if i try to go back I can only go back to the start of that track. It seems as if the unit is set on shuffle?

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated, it's getting embarrasing when i press track forward thinking there's another track and it jumps to my wifes Elton John CDs!!

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Has it always done this or is it a fault that's developed?
    Using aftermarket changers on Audi HU's do sometimes have restrictions on how they can be used, i.e. some won't allow you to select random. It's all to do with the compatibility of the functions betwen the HU and changer, and also the adapter cable (which is required using any non Audi/panasonic changer).
    Looks like the Alpine thinks it's getting a "random" command from the HU when you skip to next track, which is odd as it's usually just some of the advanced features that aren't supported by aftermarket changers/adapters.
    If you can see what adapter is being used (look in the cubbyhole), then look it up on a Google search and it should tell you what features are supported and what aren't.

Reverse Gear

Status

thanks

Thanks for your reply, I purchased the car a couple of months back and only checked that CD's played before I bought it.

The google idea is a good suggestion, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

cheers