remapped s3 qtr mile times

20vtdaz

Reaction score
hi guys, this is just out of interest theres no motive behind my question so please feel free to post any results, thanks guys daz

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/4wd.asp

chipped
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 270Weight without Driver (KG) : 1375Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 199.520 - 60 (Secs) : 5.010 - 100 (Secs) : 13.5160 - 100 (Secs) : 8.50Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.74Terminal Speed (MPH) : 100.84Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.34Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 104.05

:hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba:

Great link!

Been wondering what my cars times where!!

Cheers

excellent website. Did mine with me in the car - adding 75kg as the car won't drive itself. I presume it will be quite accurate. I'm guessing the BHP being at 260 as the car hasn't been RR'd, but Custom Code website suggests 270-275 which I think is probably a little optimistic.

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 260
Weight with Driver (KG) : 1450
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 182.19
0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.44
0 - 100 (Secs) : 14.856
0 - 100 (Secs) : 9.41
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.18
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 97.72
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.78
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 100.76

Aky said:
excellent website. Did mine with me in the car - adding 75kg as the car won't drive itself. I presume it will be quite accurate. I'm guessing the BHP being at 260 as the car hasn't been RR'd, but Custom Code website suggests 270-275 which I think is probably a little optimistic.

Not even close to being accurate. There's a lot of wishfull thinking on that site. Most of us managed about 14.4 - 14.6 with remapped S3s at Inters last year. Some have got close to 14.0 at Santa Pod (presumably better traction, timing gear and setup)

Fair enough, but one of the big differences would be the drivers reaction time. I presume the website will be assuming, reaction time of 0.01 secs

I think its a really handy site..

Clearly as above it does not take into account reaction times, levels of grip, gear changes and all of those nice little variables in its theoretical calculations, however I think the Performance calculator is great as you can stick the weight of your motor in, add the extra bhp that the £150 induction kit may give you and see quite clearly that it makes absolutely bob all difference to your 1/4 mile times.....I like that.

Aky said:
Fair enough, but one of the big differences would be the drivers reaction time. I presume the website will be assuming, reaction time of 0.01 secs

Reaction time is obviously the time it takes for you to launch the car to break the beam at the start when the light goes green, it has no effect on your 1/4 miles time, as that only starts the moment the beam is broken. :racer:

its says a standard 225 S3 can do 0-60 in 5.9 secs and a 210 6.3 secs that 15bhp makes all that difference! its does give torque does it thats a big factor! as that gets you to top end.

sitrials said:
its says a standard 225 S3 can do 0-60 in 5.9 secs and a 210 6.3 secs
they have got to be when brand new as five years or more driving will take its toll on them figures

There are far too many variables that the site doesn't consider; drag, gearing, transmission loss, etc. Maybe that's why it says 'Theory Stats'

Apparently my car will do 0-60 in 4.3 secs...

... i think not

got one of those gmeter thingys to see what my car could do.

only done a couple runs so dont know any sort of average or PB

0-60 6.3s
1/4 14.8s at 98.9mph

gmeter is very accurate and the road was pretty flat so quite a good indication i would of thought. Can probably get the times down a bit but means treating the car like crap!

edit: car is currently a standard 225

i'd hate to think whats wrong with mine then if you crossed the 1/4mile line at 98 i crossed the line on sunday at 93 mph MAX doing a 14.57 i posted a video, i reckon if i had my air box on and not my cone filter then i would have got less heta sucked in and a better time! ahh well going again soon! its soo fun!
Si

sitrials said:
i'd hate to think whats wrong with mine then if you crossed the 1/4mile line at 98 i crossed the line on sunday at 93 mph MAX doing a 14.57 i posted a video, i reckon if i had my air box on and not my cone filter then i would have got less heta sucked in and a better time! ahh well going again soon! its soo fun!
Si

Lead feet!

sitrials said:
Si

that seems a pretty slow terminal speed for a 14.5, or mine is a quick terminal for 14.8! I guess u'd need to compare the results with others

and mines remaped!
i reckon the filter was just killing the acceleration by the heat
how much was your G meter and where did you get it from??