Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S3 Power

1st Gear

Status

Re: S3 Power

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Gee, I dunno, maybe if you knew someone close-by who had a VAG-Com you MIGHT be able to see if anything shows on THAT [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well if THATS the only thing...... been there done that (Gammba kindly connected it to my car but it didnt show any faultcodes).
    Also my car never had an oiled filter in it so i dont expect the MAF to be broken (or are there also other causes for that?)

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Glen, one of the guys with a golf is running 250hp on a K03, so 220 is well acheivable I would of thought.

Jaybees car is certainly quicker at the top end, there is no doubt about it, but it's the speed at which I get to the top end i.e. I'm quicker getting to a max of 240 km/h ish than Jaybee is, but then past that he will pull away as he did upto 250+. I think where my A3 wins is torque versus weight added to that my car has it's living daylights thrashed out of it daily, so it knows it has to perform otherwise I will not wash her [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]....not that I ever do anyway!

5th Gear

Status

OK, OK, OK [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

I DO wonder just how close we'd be if we both weighed the same though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'm thinking on paper I may have ya by a little bit, but until you get her DYNO'D we'll never know, eh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    OK, OK, OK [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

I DO wonder just how close we'd be if we both weighed the same though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'm thinking on paper I may have ya by a little bit, but until you get her DYNO'D we'll never know, eh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the Dyno I know I'll be pumping out more than you due to the massive power loss throught he haldex....except you cheated by only running yours in FWD mode when on the rollers [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

May never get mine dyno'd as I couldn't give a dam as long as I keep whopping peoples arses [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

But being back in the UK yesterday made me remember how lame competition is over here, in terms of performance cars.

I saw so many 225 TT's, Scoobies, Evo's and the like, and whilst the Focus 1.6 will do over 100 mph in 3rd and just over 60mph in second I didn't feel like humiliating the other peformance cars on the road.

Went on the M6 toll way, what a race track that is at the moment, I only encountered about 7 cars going my way...3 lanes of no cars [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Interesting point Gambba - is the M6 toll road actually policed at the moment given that its a privately owned road? I suppose it has to be, but I imagine they won't be paying it too much attention at this early stage - so race track like you said. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    comdw said:
    Interesting point Gambba - is the M6 toll road actually policed at the moment given that its a privately owned road? I suppose it has to be, but I imagine they won't be paying it too much attention at this early stage - so race track like you said. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does appear to be policed as there was a police range rover sat across on the other side of the motorway, but he was checking for speeds or anything merely sat their with his blues flashing on the hard shoulder....no apparant reason. You could still see for a long distance that there was no other cars on the road especially no Police cars, but It did feel strange having all that road, with what felt no restriction.

5th Gear

Status

So you're back home for a bit [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    You staying for X-mas/New Years or "Working"?

Enjoy your stay Dude [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

No fella it was only for two days for business, but will be going back this weekend to the UK and taking the A3 with me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2 weeks of holiday [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] and then a week of business in the UK immediately after....what convenient planning [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Well drive careful, I hear them crazy Brits drive on the WRONG side of the road!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Well drive careful

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever known me to do anything different?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Well drive careful

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever known me to do anything different?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you HONESTLY expect an answer to that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Well drive careful

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you HONESTLY expect an answer to that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be an interesting answer I think [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I will drive like I usually do, so, nice and sedate. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Well drive careful

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be an interesting answer I think [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="red">I will drive like I usually do</font>, so, nice and sedate. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But hopefully on the other side of the road [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:

But hopefully on the other side of the road [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I have been known to pull out of a car park or two on the wrong side of the road [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

That's just plain wreckless [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Alex Stanley said:
    That's just plain wreckless [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The oncoming cars thought so as well! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Ah, well THAT may be it then, because AFAIK I've only a K03, VVT, but only the std turbo [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so if Jimbo's a K03S, then 220 would be a bit a few hp low then wouldn't it? Also, my dyno was run as std, with no intake or anything, but I wouldn't expect that to add up to 10 more hp [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude,

2001&gt; models had the K03S! Phill's car is standard (2001 VVT 150unit), and produces 168bhp and 181lb/ft! The only pre-facelift model to have the K03S was the T Quattro (180)

Rich

5th Gear

Status

OK, sorry dude, but not sure what you're tryin to tell me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Sorry to be a bit thick , but Drillslinger asked me to post up my engine code cos apparently its quite rare. Where can i find it people ? Sorry ! Jimbo.

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:
    Sorry to be a bit thick , but Drillslinger asked me to post up my engine code cos apparently its quite rare. Where can i find it people ? Sorry ! Jimbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Top left corner of the vehicle data sticker... This can be found in the spare wheel well, or in the service book on the front page. 3 digit code like AGU, AUM, ARZ .etc

Rich

5th Gear

Status

Well, not sure if it's rare Jimbo, but I'm curious, as your numbers don't seem to add up with my experience. The engine code is a three letter code that can be most visibly found on an engine lift point on the left side of the engine as you look from the front.

Thx, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Nevermind [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Rich's reply was betta [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12