18" RS4 Alloys

ScottyKemp

Reaction score
I have an Audi S3 2000 Model and am looking to get some 18" RS4 Style Alloys.

Can someone tell me if i put 18" alloys on with standard suspension:

Will there be a massive gap between the Tyre and the Arch ? Will it look like it belongs off road and just sit really tall ?
Has anyone done this without lowering or changing the suspension ?

I know 1 put 17" Alloys on my VR6 Highline on standard suspension and it looked silly so i had to lower it, but that was from 15" Alloys !

I guess from 17" to 18" it is not much of a jump !

Cheers

The S3's I've seen running 18's on standard setup looked fine, I honestly think the difference is minimal.

Can't think of anybody on here running 18's on standard suspension, but the difference is so minor in rolling radius, that I think it will make almost no difference to the stance of the car....just my opinion.

when you go from 225/45 17 to
225/40/18 there shouldnt be any difference in the size of the wheel/tyre combination, so no reason fo big gaps.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ScottyKemp said:
" Shouldn't be any difference "
Just in the Price of the Tyre :0( !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

only little bit....... not?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

im on standard suspension on 18"'s I'd like to lower mine, but i dont wanna fork out for suspension and dont wanna knacker the ride quality by fitting crap lowering springs. I can post u a pic of how mine looks on standard suspension if u want?

Here's a pic of mine on std suspension. Black cars hide the gap between the wheel and the arch well - which is nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

40's. The correct size when upgrading to 18's. 225/40/18.

Cheers

Ben

i think it could do with being lowered 30-40mm. Anyone know if this would affect ride quality if I just use some standard lowering springs and keep the same shocks?

I'm running with 18's, on standard shocks with MTM lowered springs from QST. The ride is fine, just dodge the larger potholes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think the MTM springs are 15mm..........but no idea of costs, sorry!