Adding Cruise Control

Bash_A3

Reaction score
A friend of mine at work has bought a 2nd hand cruise control stalk on ebay & bolted it on his Passat, changed a setting in the ECU and it works :)

has anyone else tried this on their A3/S3?

No but if you do a search there are some posts on this mod and where to buy it and I believe it is possible.

Thanks i've been searching but couldnt find anyone thats done it on the 8L, i'll keep looking!

Brilliant thankyou! will give the guy in Wimbledon a try as its not far from me :)

Is it a difficult job to do yourelf? I'm just not sure where the loom goes to??

the loom has to go right to the ecu, you have to fit 4 wires into the ecu... i done mine a few weeks ago, didnt take that long really :)

i just made it up from an old civic wiring loom, but anyone else doing it will have to buy the connectors to go into the connector plug behind the fuse box

Hi guys, I read up on all that thanks for the info.

I'm going to be buying a '98-'99 A3 1.8T. I presume it wont have drive by wire, so is CC a complete no-go then??? :( From what year did 1.8T have drive by wire?

Interested in this - is there any more concrete info on when DBW starting being used on the 1.8T? Facelift onwards perhaps, or at some other more random time?

Thanks,
Steve

netman said:
Interested in this - is there any more concrete info on when DBW starting being used on the 1.8T? Facelift onwards perhaps, or at some other more random time?

Thanks,
Steve

check on yout inlet manifold to see if its dbw or cable.. not hard to miss a cable goign to throttle butterfly

or EPC will light up on the dash when the ignition is on. my cars a 99 and it is DBW