What's it worth?

reza

Reaction score
Website
d-ice.co.uk
Hi all...

After much debating im thinking of selling my A3 (hence why it's not yet in the classifieds...). I just wondered what's it worth?

It's a A3 1.8T, 'T' plate, with 88,000 on the clock. Part Audi service history, part local garages. Generally good condition, and standard - all except the Stealth sub and head unit. Service done in Nov. Tax runs out end of the month and MOT'd until Nov.

Just wondering roughly what these sell for, as I need the cash as I'm moving home. I know that they're getting cheaper, but how much?!

You're probably looking around 4 grand mate

I'd check the Parkers guide and also go on Autotrader.co.uk and see roughly what other people are selling them for.. you can get a rough idea of what your one would be worth...
but £4k sounds about right

my A3 has been up for sale for a few weeks - 1.8T W reg 105k miles, which I've slowly been reducing the price on. Its on pistonheads now for 4.4k, will update Autotrader's ad with the same when it runs out tomorrow, and Im having no one even ring up. It's in my opinion as good a condition as you could wish for. I keep getting someone ringing me up offering me 4k repeatedly, without asking about anything so I figured someone who isnt just looking for a cheap deal would be offering me more. But so far zippo.

I think your T reg is probably worth the same, so looks like we both have to accept 4k!

If you look in Whatcar and Parkers, it should be worth more though.

For some reason parkers seems to really overvalue cars, dunno if it just isnt updated regularly enough. When you compare its prices to the monthly glass's books there's a big difference, sometimes as much as a grand!

From my experience of selling cars i'd say that if it isnt low mileage or highly desirable (such as the S3) then youve got to be realistic. I sold my bmw 328i sport coupe on a 99 T last year with 105K on it, took 4K for it in the end, i started at 5K but when your not getting calls you got to get serious about pricing. Piston heads was rubbish, just got loads of scamming emails, autotrader 1st week in, sold ...

The guys actually put it back up for sale for 4.5K! but to be fair he's changed the alloys, i had the original bbs sport ones, he's spent around 6 ton on thoses in the pics so he's trying to get his money back !

here's his ad ..

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/152750.htm

T reg 1.8 - i'd say 3500 tops ....put it in at 3595 and you'll get calls

W-reg - take the 4K mate, ive seen them cheaper with less mileage,going to cost you to keep advertising in autotrader, insurance and the slight possibility something may go wrong or tax,mot etc runs out ....better to have cash in your pocket espec since youve forked out for that nice S3 i see in your sig (nice colour by the way, not as fast as ming blue though!!!! lol)

at the end of the day, its about how quickly you require the money. Dealers can afford to sit on a car for months and they are still going to make a profit, your losing money .

Well thats my opinion anyway, im going to put mine up for sale next week, i keep saying it but i really dont want to sell! its a 2003 03 S3 with 83K on it , it'll be going up for under 11grand. hopefully i'll have priced it right to get the calls as there's quite a few for sale at the mo.

well, just sold mine (w reg one mentioned earlier) first to see bought, as I knew they would!
£4100.