Brembos finally fitted

S3_MCD

Reaction score
Well I have finally got round to fitting the GT kit. Caliper screws was the olny mishap with both sides shearing off (had to drill em out and rethread the holes - i know that there was no real need, just a perfectionist!)

Dremel came hand for cutting down the dust shields.

Has anybody else found the braided hoses supplied with the kit still to be a little on the short side? I would have been alot happier with an xtra 20-30mm to cope will the full lock or when the suspension has dropped when car is jacked up.

Havent bedded in yet, just been around the block to make sure that its all working, it is and the peddle feels better already!

Will get a full report and pics up as soon as.

my dust shields (backplates) were completely removed when they were fitted.

simch said:
my dust shields (backplates) were completely removed when they were fitted.

Why?
BTW they're called splash shields as fas as I know.

i didnt have any issues with the dust shields? didn't even notice them to be honest. the braided hoses also seemed fine length wise.

make sure you bed them in properly, and you'll get the best out of them.

IMO it's the best mod that i've done, soooo much more confidence in braking now, plus they look cool :)

I have just got some 4 pots, just don't know what car they are from! They are black and look exactly the same as the LCR ones, except they have the Ferrari emblem on them and its not a sticker ( under the laquer )! Spoken to a few different people and the concensus is that they are LCR brakes, the pistons are 40mm & 36mm and the pads seem to match the LCR ones.
Does anyone know the part numbers that should be stamped on them, these seem to only have a four digit codes - 6972 & 6971, and the pads are 3321 Galfer Brembo! Any ideas or help is much appreciated!

They could be ferrari ones! Are they all rusty, poor quality wiring to the pad sensors and dont work at all during August.....? hahahahah

No they are like new, looks like they have had delivery mileage and someone has upgraded to carbon brakes and these have been removed, no dirt or anything, couple of minor chips where they have been left in storage, still have virtually new pads in them!

Found out what they are, from a 360 modena... phoned up Ferrari and gave them the part number from the pads!

So what do i do, sell them and wait for some LCRs to turn up or chance getting the LCR brackets and have a go at fitting them? Apparently they are the same spec caliper as the LCR, just worried the disc is wider on the ferrari than the LCR, oh and the pads are £165+vat for them!

Steve,If you are interested,I have a brand new set of LCR caliper carriers sitting in my garage,I bought them and did not use them,they cost in excess of £200 pounds,they also come with the correct caliper to carrier mounting bolts.If you are interested make me an offer.
Cheers Craig

Yes thats what you need but when you get them from them people is another matter,I ordered mine two weeks ago last friday and they said the first week in april which don't sound bad but they took the money out of my account the day I ordered so they weren't dilly dallying with that part of the deal
I'll phone tomorrow and if no joy I'll get my money back