The MPG list !

Reaction score
Right guys, reckon it would be interesting to see what the difference in MPG is across the range of S3's dependant on their spec etc.

If you can be bothered, reset your taco on the next refill then on the following refill note the number of litres you put in the car along with the millage done.

Also list, the spec of your engine, to see the effects.

Mine is an S3, chipped with K+N and turbodynamics re-circ valve

298 miles for 59.4 litres .................. CRAP ! (MAF possibly duffed !)

222miles off 50.72litres
which = 19.9mpg (trip computer read 21.4mpg)

Was getting between 15 and 20 in the mondeo.

A lot is down to the fact that i drive 1.5 miles to work every day and i come home at dinner time so thats 30 miles per week on choke just going to work and back, couple that with the fact i am constantly nailing my car everywhere it results in poor MPG.

Even with two identical cars and the same amount of fuel, there are other variables that make this list a non-starter.

The driving style of the driver and the type of journey/traffic on each trip.

Not trying to put a damper on your idea, but the results wouldn't be accurate or useful...

My DIS is stuck on 27.9mpg, and occasionally goes to 27.8.
Brim to brim figures using V-power is 22/23mpg mostly town driving, 25mpg average with mixture of town and a-road driving, and 29/30mpg mainly motorway driving at anything between 70-90.

AmD stage1 remap and 19" wheels.

Obviously, there are loads of variables, but it will give a ROUGH idea and thats all you can ask. Obviously if someone is getting a particularly high or low MPG then it might be worth wondering why.

Would be interested to see what folk get.

If anyone is not interested then don't post, but I wonder who gets the highest and the lowest MPG.

G.

I usually put in £30 a time and i sometimes see 200miles, not very often though!!

I always complain about it being so crap on fuel but thats just one of the consequences of having a fast car!

averaging 28.1 so far, had the car a week, but not done many miles apart from the london to edinburgh trek, so thats bumped it up a bit. Does the reset button on the stock just reset average speed and average mpg?

I filled mine up and went down to essex and back to lincoln.. 340 to a full tank of optimax with a APR Remap.. thought that was good going

AndyM said:
Full tank of V-Power gives me usually about 200-220 miles, AMD remap.

Thats BAD!!! You sure its been remapped properly! lol

Either that or you drive like a nutter!! :racer:

Most I've ever had is somewhere around 450 miles from Optimax, filled her up with 56 litres (so another 6 litres left in the tank) - I reckon I could have squeezed another 50 miles from that last bit of petrol so would have got 500 miles from that tank. That was almost all motorway driving at around 75mph.

Normally I get 330 - 350 from a tank.

nky_84 said:
averaging 28.1 so far, had the car a week, but not done many miles apart from the london to edinburgh trek, so thats bumped it up a bit. Does the reset button on the stock just reset average speed and average mpg?

If you have the MPG displayed on the DIS and press the reset button it will do exactly that.

I get on average 250 - 280 to a tank of V Power, just filled up with BP Ultimate see what its like. I do a mix of Town B road and Motorway driving.

We have to consider what we feel as a full tank though, I personally never drive until the petrol light comes on, it's bad for the car to run it lean, so I generally fill up with around a quarter tank left, by which time, I've usually covered 250ish miles.

I've had 400.6 miles out of a tank (when it ran out - doh), normal mixed driving is 300-350 and worst is probably more like 200-250 but that was trying to keep up with must faster cars for about 4 hours.

DIS seems to think around 26mpg think it's about right, mines a standard 210APY.

I'm getting about 29.6mpg as an average, first week had it on 30.3mpg - thats driving 230 miles up the motorway. I'm getting 350+, need to check really.

Mine is modified

jojo said:
We have to consider what we feel as a full tank though, I personally never drive until the petrol light comes on, it's bad for the car to run it lean, so I generally fill up with around a quarter tank left, by which time, I've usually covered 250ish miles.

Eh.... run it lean ? What ? How does less fuel in the tank mean the mixture is lean ?

I get about 300 miles to a full tank. DIS shows about 28MPG - I rarely reset it. On a motorway run with no silliness the S3 will do 400 on a tank.

i do 40miles a day to work and back i just sit at 80mph with cruise on and usually average 28mpg but my dis never changes from 22.8mpg but i have only had for a couple of weeks now and i think i still like to put my foot down...alot
:):sorry:

I get around 250 miles on the shell V power, around 280 on the Esso 97, and so far 225 from a full tank of BP! Very strange how different fuels have such varied miles, my car only has the Miltek system on it no remap!

standard car, mixed driving (town & a class roads) gives abotu 310 miles to 55 litres of v power.

I think the Shell fuel is the best performacne fuel out there.

auroan said:
Eh.... run it lean ? What ? How does less fuel in the tank mean the mixture is lean ?

It doesn't, but the Fuel gauge has been known to be not accurate, it's just a precaution thing from my point of view.

Do about 300miles on a tank of the old V-Power; gauge sits at 29.3mpg. Predominantly up and down the A34 with a blat here and there down the country roads.

Read in Evo (Advertisment feature) about the BP Ulitmate 102 and how well it performed and lasted in their tests, extra 20% increase in both performance and mileage. Quite tempted to have a try of this as I have one down the road. However the allure of my V-Power Pluspoints is too much!!

Only had it a week!!

When I drove like a Nun on the way home from work I got 35mpg!! (9 mile journey), however having just had a remap it's painful not to give it the beans!!!!

DIS showing 27.5mpg

ash_s3 said:
Thats BAD!!! You sure its been remapped properly! lol

Either that or you drive like a nutter!! :racer:

Yeh it sux, however thats mainly down to the fact that for a while now Ive only been able to drive my car for work commute and its neither of those things causing it to be low. My DIS usually shows an average speed of about 12mph which is why I get the poor MPG, takes 1hr+ for the 8 mile journey to work :( on school holidays its similar to most others about 270ish from a tank.

Dame i must be old or just driving like an old fart...

I get between 375 and 410 mile to a tank car is only chipped and running on 18'S always try to fill up the shell, this week car read 36mpg motorway driving and thats half a tank to 220 miles.

i filled mine up with v-power on friday, have done 370 miles, and the light is going to come on in the next 10-15 i'd say.

i'm quite happy with that, car has been remapped too, will work out about 33 mpg :)

I get 300 mile's to a full tank of v-power, and thats mixed driving, trip comp says 24mpg as average. remap APR

355 miles on last tank, varied driving. DIS is showing 30.0 mpg (or it was untill this morning!!!) Not bad for a remapped car......

standard car DIS is showing 24mpg average mainly town/duel carridge way driving