Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

HELP - disc retaining screw

what size, metiric? both have sheared off at the hub face! Gonna have to drill them out i reckon - 3 hour job now got twice as difficult - doh!
    S3(225) - Dolpin Grey | Leather/Silver Alcantara | Bose | ViperDV | Samco Hoses | Eibach Pro-Kit | H&R Spacers | Brembo GT kit | AreoWipers | BlueTooth | Dension Icelink | New engine, Clutch, Turbo, Water pump thanks to Cambelt @ 79,000 miles | New short engine thanks to ****ed valve 22,000 miles later!

2. # ADS
    ADS

S55 LKS

Status
    Sorry, I've no idea on the size but I wouldn't worry to much. In reality that tiny screw is only there to hold the discs in place so the wheel is easy to put on. Its the wheel bolts that carry the load.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    Get easy out, about £15, it drills into the screw, and has a left hand thread. It'll come straight out.
    For future reference, removal is best done with a impact screwdriver.

Not sure on the replacement part, but someone will know. Its very rare for cars to still have them once they've had a few disc changes, as the only job those screws fulfill is to line up the disc and hub for easier wheel fitment, they are not a safety item.
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah i've drilled mine out on the last few cars i've had, just makes putting your wheel back on that little bit tricky. The audi's have been ok tho, just used a fairly flat screwdriver to get em out.
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah its only a locator, if you are clever, you can just dril the head off to remove the disc, then neaten up the "stub" to make like a little dowel thing, that will locate the disc on fitting and stop the thing rotating while you fit the wheel. It does the job ok, provided its neat and lets the disc sit flush.

thats me

Status
    I got new studs with my new disks sorry dont know the size but I ran one side without one with no probs for 6 months.
    red to red black to black blue to bits

4th Gear

Status
    It should be an M6X15SP (Countersunk).

Good luck!
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

3rd Gear

Status
    The brembo discs come with a new bolt, mine were bent at a 30 degree angle when I pulled them out was thankful for the new ones!

2nd Gear

Status
    cheers and all sorted, managed to drill out and re thread the holes. Other than this little miss hap the fitting of the brembos has gone well
    S3(225) - Dolpin Grey | Leather/Silver Alcantara | Bose | ViperDV | Samco Hoses | Eibach Pro-Kit | H&R Spacers | Brembo GT kit | AreoWipers | BlueTooth | Dension Icelink | New engine, Clutch, Turbo, Water pump thanks to Cambelt @ 79,000 miles | New short engine thanks to ****ed valve 22,000 miles later!