S3 exhaust/cat after remap!!

WKDLAD

Reaction score
Okay guy's i got my car remaped at the weekend by APR. Was thinking, how long will my CAT/exhaust last now i have had it remaped?
Its sound's like there is alot of boost coming through the exhaust and would imagine that my Cat would be getting fried!!! Any ideas?

well if you change your exhaust after you have had it mapped the car might not perform as well as if you had the exhaust done first ??????

They should be fine, the S3 items are made of mild Steel or something, I don't remember where I read it, so should be quite durable.

No problems at all. The S3 exhaust is a good bit of kit, and it's not restrictive. The K04 won't be putting out enough heat/power to fry the cats - they'll be fine too.

ChriS3 said:
No problems at all. The S3 exhaust is a good bit of kit, and it's not restrictive. The K04 won't be putting out enough heat/power to fry the cats - they'll be fine too.

I wouldn't say it's not restrictive Chris, it has this flat bit that goes over the rear subframe, think that's the weak link.

Well i think the remap is the only enigne mod i will be doing. So i gues i will stick to the standard exhaust for now, as an uprated one will only be for looks right?

and the sound mate yeah.
worth doing if you will be doing other things but i wouldn't bother if you want to keep it standard-looking.

Ash