small puddle of water under car each time

TDI

Reaction score
Climate control is switched on, any ideas as to what is causing this, am i looking at big bucks to sort out???

cheers!!

This is normal, it's the condensed water from the climate control system.

Sounds like the moisture taken out of the air by the climate. If so all cars do it ....no fix needed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Nice one chaps!! hope that's what it is! My Golf has climate control and I can't say that i've ever seen that much water under it when i pulled away from the spot. does it occur more often on the Audi??

One thing i will say is that the Audi is the better car out of the Two in most areas, and i'm seriously thinking of changing for an S3 after having driven the wifes A3, and it's a diesel!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Depends on humidity in the air, the damper the day the more water and is especially prominant in the summer....

Monitoring water levels really doesn't help unless it's a massive loss of water. If you want to be sure, then the next time there's a puddle then dip your finger in it, now you can do a couple of things the first is taste it....but there's always the chance it's battery acid...so probably not good advice unless you know what you're looking for. Alternatively smell it, if it's odourless, it could be water or radiator coolant, if it's sweet and strong it's screenwash, if it's eggy and burns to inhale then it's battery acid (I doubt it is!)...now go and wash your hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif if it's odourless then colour should give it away as to what it is and if not then rubbing between your fingers will tell you, with coolant creating a filmy wax feel between your fingers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

After all of that I'll think you'll find it's just water and if so then it's from the CC and is perfectly normal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I really don't have a life...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
so i'll just wait for my next accident then it can be repaired when its in the bodyshop anyway.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like an optimistic attitude!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
so i'll just wait for my next accident then it can be repaired when its in the bodyshop anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like an optimistic attitude!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

..... its unfortunately based on experience..... the body shop even sends me Xmas cards and stuff. They call me to ask if i'm ok when they havent seen me for a while....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Cheers Gambba,

I'll have a look next time there is a small amount of water on the ground.

Cheers for the help Guys!!

[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

..... its unfortunately based on experience..... the body shop even sends me Xmas cards and stuff. They call me to ask if i'm ok when they havent seen me for a while....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....and I thought I was bad when British Telecom once suggested I put the chinese and Indian Takeaways on my friends and family list !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nobby said:
....and I thought I was bad when British Telecom once suggested I put the chinese and Indian Takeaways on my friends and family list !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you only got the offer to put them on the friends and family list?
I've got constant open telephone lines to the chinese and pizza restaurant ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
next phase is telephatically.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif