Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    TDI
    TDI's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    294

    small puddle of water under car each time

    Climate control is switched on, any ideas as to what is causing this, am i looking at big bucks to sort out???

    cheers!!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    153

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    This is normal, it's the condensed water from the climate control system.

  4. #3
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    320

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    Sounds like the moisture taken out of the air by the climate. If so all cars do it ....no fix needed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

  5. #4
    TDI
    TDI's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    294

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    Nice one chaps!! hope that's what it is! My Golf has climate control and I can't say that i've ever seen that much water under it when i pulled away from the spot. does it occur more often on the Audi??

    One thing i will say is that the Audi is the better car out of the Two in most areas, and i'm seriously thinking of changing for an S3 after having driven the wifes A3, and it's a diesel!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

  6. #5
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    Depends on humidity in the air, the damper the day the more water and is especially prominant in the summer....

    Monitoring water levels really doesn't help unless it's a massive loss of water. If you want to be sure, then the next time there's a puddle then dip your finger in it, now you can do a couple of things the first is taste it....but there's always the chance it's battery acid...so probably not good advice unless you know what you're looking for. Alternatively smell it, if it's odourless, it could be water or radiator coolant, if it's sweet and strong it's screenwash, if it's eggy and burns to inhale then it's battery acid (I doubt it is!)...now go and wash your hands [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] if it's odourless then colour should give it away as to what it is and if not then rubbing between your fingers will tell you, with coolant creating a filmy wax feel between your fingers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif[/img]

    After all of that I'll think you'll find it's just water and if so then it's from the CC and is perfectly normal [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

    I really don't have a life...... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Channel Islands
    Posts
    213

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    [ QUOTE ]
    JayBeeS3 said:
    so i'll just wait for my next accident then it can be repaired when its in the bodyshop anyway.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I like an optimistic attitude!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

  8. #7
    JayBeeS3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    114

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    [ QUOTE ]
    Leddy said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    JayBeeS3 said:
    so i'll just wait for my next accident then it can be repaired when its in the bodyshop anyway.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I like an optimistic attitude!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    ..... its unfortunately based on experience..... the body shop even sends me Xmas cards and stuff. They call me to ask if i'm ok when they havent seen me for a while....... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

  9. #8
    TDI
    TDI's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    294

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    Cheers Gambba,

    I'll have a look next time there is a small amount of water on the ground.

    Cheers for the help Guys!!

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Newbury
    Posts
    32

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    [ QUOTE ]
    JayBeeS3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Leddy said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    JayBeeS3 said:
    so i'll just wait for my next accident then it can be repaired when its in the bodyshop anyway.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I like an optimistic attitude!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    ..... its unfortunately based on experience..... the body shop even sends me Xmas cards and stuff. They call me to ask if i'm ok when they havent seen me for a while....... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    ....and I thought I was bad when British Telecom once suggested I put the chinese and Indian Takeaways on my friends and family list !!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

  11. #10
    JayBeeS3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    114

    Re: small puddle of water under car each time

    [ QUOTE ]
    nobby said:
    ....and I thought I was bad when British Telecom once suggested I put the chinese and Indian Takeaways on my friends and family list !!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    you only got the offer to put them on the friends and family list?
    I've got constant open telephone lines to the chinese and pizza restaurant ..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]
    next phase is telephatically.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO