Real 0-60 of a 1.9TDi (PD130)

Reaction score
Hi all, I was reading up on remapping the other day and was wondering what the 0-60 time on my car was, I checked a couple of places and they all said 10.2 seconds. I thought it sounded kinda slow so I found a nice quiet stretch near my house and got my mate to time my 0-60. I hit it in 7.8 seconds. My car is stock apart from my 8x17 alloys (which would obviously helped for the extra grip). It's amazing how off these 0-60 times are. Wondering what a remap will get me now ;)

I can hit 60 on my 1.9tdi quattro in about 9-10 seconds so yours is quicker than mine.

Toxik-Signal said:
Wondering what a remap will get me now ;)

Not much better 0-60 but a huge amount of mid range torque.Worth every penny.

7.8 does sound fast - you sure your car's not been mapped by a previous owner?

I've never timed mine (mapped to 162bhp) but i'd think around 9-10 would be about right

I guess the only way to know for sure would be to take it to GTI inters or santa pod where they have the proper timing kit.

I'm pretty sure it's not been remapped, everything else is stock - it is an import though (dunno if that makes any difference?).
My mate was using a stopwatch.
Sounds like I need to get it dyno'd to make sure it's not already mapped :huh:

My A4 is remapped but I think the 0-60 times would not have changed much as its impossible to put all the power down without quattro. Once up and moving though its a different story.

Toxik-Signal said:
Hi all, I was reading up on remapping the other day and was wondering what the 0-60 time on my car was, I checked a couple of places and they all said 10.2 seconds. I thought it sounded kinda slow so I found a nice quiet stretch near my house and got my mate to time my 0-60. I hit it in 7.8 seconds. My car is stock apart from my 8x17 alloys (which would obviously helped for the extra grip). It's amazing how off these 0-60 times are. Wondering what a remap will get me now ;)

Are you sure the '60' was in fact '60'? The speedo's tend to be a bit out. Get it remapped, i've heard they're faster than S3's then....

Funky_Junky said:
Are you sure the '60' was in fact '60'? The speedo's tend to be a bit out. Get it remapped, i've heard they're faster than S3's then....

With some of the S3's ive tested that wouldn't be hard.

Dont know how good but if all you want is a power run you could try john at ADC in bulwell.I know he has a roller.

james0808 said:
Dont know how good but if all you want is a power run you could try john at ADC in bulwell.I know he has a roller.

Great stuff, I work in Bulwell so I can prolly pop down there one lunch time :o.k: