Why me :(

Stuart_A3_Turbo

Reaction score
Well, more problems, finally got the car back to full power and some git has gone and hit the car while it was in a car park /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Its scratched the front drivers side arch, bottom of front bumper and completely scratched my damn alloy wheel, it looks a complete mess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Im really annoyed now as the money id saved to get the FMIC, fuel pressure regulator and turbo intake pipe will now have to be spent getting it fixed. Im sure the wheel can be refurbished and all it will need is front drivers wing and bumper resprayed. I might as well get them to cut out the black grill on front bumper, colourcode it and blend it in, colourcode sideskirts, rear bumper and mesh the front bumper while its in there. Oh well, was really looking forward to that intercooler too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Nightmare - sorry to hear that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

In the last month my car has been scratched on the drivers door and top sill, scratched on the passenger top sill (how !?) and now this afternoon I've found out someone has scuffed my passenger front wheel arch - nice white scratches all of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And after it was in the bodyshop for about 2 months on and off getting the body work sorted out at the beginning of the year!

I am asking myself the same question! Only outside my house and outside work recently! And the petrol station / mini-tesco's.

I've started parking in our underground car park at home now though, but it's while I've been doing this it's got more scratched; we each have our own bays and i'm pretty sure it isn't happening there.

yeah, hit and run, no dents or anything just scratched paint work.I think i can also get the wheel refurbished for 30 quid. I may even get a quote for a full respray as there are a few chips here and there. All depends on cost really.

Well, their car was black, thats about all we can tell. Only satisfaction is it probably done as much damage to their car although i cant work out how it managed to damage the alloy so much.

sorry to hear that you car has been damaged by some a$$hole who cant drive.......
good luck with the respray........ my last "accident" took 4 resprays before i was satisfied........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nope no CCTV at all, ill get some quotes on respray on monday, anyone here had a full respray before and how much did it cost them?

Sorry to hear about the damage Stu... it's such a pain that other people don't have the decency to look after their own cars and those of others. B**tards everywhere.

Wish you luck on the paint job. My TTR has just been stripped and is going in for the full-body respray. I have to say the guys at John Ashley Panelcraft in Kingston are absolutely brilliant - meticulous and so careful. Maybe give them a call? 02089420334 ask for Gary. If you want I can call him on your behalf - he's done me a great deal replacing bits on my car with newer versions (eg suspension etc..)

All the best.. Tony

1st rule of parking a nice car is:-

Park where nobody else wants too! Crap/ useless/ careless drivers will try an park as close to destination as posibble. So, make sure at Super market you park miles away from the entrance - ususally also miles away from the nearest car too! In town parking - makesure its the top floor or roof of your NCP too. Works a treat.

Now i can cope with the fact its been hit, i can also just about deal with the fact they drove off with no details left, what really annoyed me was id saved and saved, worked tonnes of overtime to get money for other mods. Id got the money together and booked in for an intercooler, fuel regulator and turbo intake pipe. Ive now had to cancel in order to get all this fixed. To top it off, got home yesterday and found someone has decided that the wall in front of our garden has been attacked by the local grafitti artist, and ive not long painted the darn thing. What a crap week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sometimes wonder why the hell i bother.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif enough said