can i go WIDER ?

S3 SAF

Reaction score
hey guys ive got 18" MTM reps on my s3 but they dont look fat enough for the car and wanted to go wider the tyre size is 225/40/18 but was wondering what to do?:ermm: can i put wider tyres on or spacers and how do i do this?:meeting:

Spacers is the way togo in my opinion, get some 10mm fronts and 15mm rears will make your car look wider withour spending £££'s on tyres.

Spacers would proberably be the prefered option. I'd recommend hubcentric ones on an s3.

ok lads it woudnt rub against the arches would it or **** up the handling in any way would it?

by the way the cars been lowered -10mm gmbh springs! would that make a differance?

S3 SAF said:
ok lads it woudnt rub against the arches would it or **** up the handling in any way would it?

It shouldn't rub with 225/40 tyres, and your wheels should be around ET35 offset, aim for around 10mmF and 15/16mmR spacers and you should be fine... don't forget to invest in a set of extended bolts and locking nuts to be safe.

one thing i have wondered,:think: if having spacers puts the steering radius' out when turning?? maybe scrubbing the tyres

s3ollie said:
one thing i have wondered,:think: if having spacers puts the steering radius' out when turning?? maybe scrubbing the tyres

Maybe a little, I don't think 10mm each side is going to shredd your tyres to bits! But it will give a slightly wider stance which should aid handling... a little.

My car is fine on spacers lowered 25/30mm on eibach springs too, no rubbing at all on full lock or even with a car full, thats with 18's

ok do you guys know any place in london where i can get them from?