finally got myself an S3 :-)

nky_84

6th Gear
Reaction score
Flew down to London from Edinburgh on the Tuesday, couple of days in the Lake district on route and back home Thursday lunch as the weather was crap.

Loving the car so far, heated seats an Bose get a big thumbs up!

Plans for the car, are a remap 6months or so down the line to get that new car feeling again and an alloy refurb as the previous owner was female!
We'll see if i catch the modifying bug after that, but hopefully not!

only got one phone pic of it beside Windermere at the moment.

DSC00330.jpg

RussUK said:
Nice colour and wheels

You not been in a modified one then?

thanks.

Nope ive only every been in 2, and the above was one of them. Just wanting to keep things simple on the modifying front i think. Modified s3's take a fair bit of money to get right, and end up going for less money than a standard one,unless you get lucky.

Although in saying that, i wouldnt be surpised if im talking BT and coilovers in 6 months time............

hey its only taken a month here coilovers and remap on its way lol :p

Nice example so enjoy. Had mine 3 or 4 weeks now and i'm loving it. Mine is totally standard and i think it will stay that way as its mush easier when it comes to insurance. Having come from modding Subaru Imprezas its nice to have a quality standard car.
My only very very slightly negative point about the car is it doesn't feel as quick as i thought it would. I may be being a bit harsh though as my previous car was an Impreza STI PPP with 305hp, very quick but was like sitting in a tin box compared to the S3.
I much prefer the refinement of the Audi and so does the Mrs.
Nik.

Looks fantastic, you will also find as its blue it will be slightly faster..

does anyone know where i can find a list of what the options codes are?

silver75 said:
Looks fantastic, you will also find as its blue it will be slightly faster..
but not as fast as BLACK

black is a bit plain, dolphin grey is really nice, yellow is nice too, but a bit ott, but noggy wins hands down every time :moa:

just had a look at the wheels an centre caps, I was pretty sure they were replicas, but inside the fuel cap it quotes tyre pressures for 18's. When i pop off the centre cap, should there be an audi logo or part number in there or is stamped on the inside? mine are blank under the centre cap.

Also is there any way of identifying the 10mm lowering springs?

Nick

Jampublic said:
yeah black!

but heard ming blue is faster!

I too have heard this rumour, the actual fact is Denim blue is fastest of the blues

I'm sure Ess three will back me up on this, i've heard Noggy blue is at least half a second faster to sixty than denim or ming blue.......

I'm sure they told him on his star performance testing day... :whistle2:

are you lot just copying and pasting all this from all those other posts? :)

Yeah she looks good, nice combo of colour and wheels :thumbsup:

smitch said:
i've heard Noggy blue is at least half a second faster to sixty than denim or ming blue.......

But half a second slower than silver :p

Nice one. You definately got the fastest colour :rockwoot:

Easiest way to tell if they're reps is to look at the groove that runs along the side of the spoke. If it blends in half way then its a rep. These are my old reps...

chris3021a.jpg

Yeah my 18"s had the audi stamp on them et33 as well, can't remember whether that was on the front or back! Will have a look and let you know.

congrats mate, enjoy!
although i personally am sure black is the fastest, noggy gets the 2nd place for sure.

BTW, are your alloys REALLY fecked, or is it because of the pics quality?

alloys are a bit fecked, more so on the other side, although not as bad as they look in the pic.

Been out 4wd playing so the car is covered now. good claybar, wash an polish 2moz an ill get some proper pics up

looking really good

ps Black is numero uno

gave the car a good wash, polish and wax yesterday, got a sore arm an left most of the wax still needing buffed off, but nevermind!

heres a few of the pics, will post more in the photography section.

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

Great pics mate!!

Wheels look like reps to me, mine have the audi logo behind the centre cap with the offset and part number too i think.

I think all reps have 'REPLICA' stamped into the back of one of the spokes if you pop one of the wheels off.

Looks very nice though! :icon_thumright:

yeah, im 100% sure they are reps now. Can feel something stamped on the back of them, so i'll take one off and have a look at some point.

I just dont understand why i have an 18" space saver, unless all the s3's come with this?

Perhaps the previous owner had bought a couple of wheels to replace some kerbed ones, and your 18" is one of the old ones.

the spare is the original space saver and the sticker on the fuel cap says so too.

Ah space saver lol, should read properly next time

That'll be because the S3 has standard 17" wheels but the tyre on the space saver is teeeny so the wheel itself needs to be bigger so the car isnt sittign lopsided.

Factory RSTT's only came inb 18" for S3/TT's, came in 17" for the A2 and A3 in 100 x 5 PCD.

Originals have the four ring logo under the centre cap and have the ridge running all around the spoke. You can gat similar RSTT reps and RS4 reps which have the tapered ridge.

Factory wheels are also ET33, most reps are ET35

Hope that helps!

Looks nice that mate. Silver leather too which always looks good.

sure is. 2 of my mates have them, but only one came out to play, just aswell as my thread title was going to something along the lines of "s3 pics sandwedged between 2 willys!" lol