Aero Wipers for S3 - again!!

simch

Reaction score
Ok, I want to take the plunge for aero wipers for the s3! Anyone know if they are the same of the golf 4 ones? I know the blades are the same length, but the arm on my 99 mk4 on the pass side looks different to my arm on the s3 2003, (both none aero). The mk4 one has a distinct kink in it.
SO if I get some for a mk4 golf are they the same as the s3 versions? If not does anyone have part numbers fo rthe audi arms and blades or kit if it comes as a kit.
I am confused! everyone says how great these are, but sourcing them seems to be a nightmare!!

cheers

Got mine from VAG Parts easy! Not completely sure they are as great as everyone says.. :sorry:

Could you guys clarify something for me please?

Im about to order the aero wiper kit for my A3 So i'll be wanting the front aero wiper kit,

What do i get if i want the aero kit on the back too??

J

Hi,

I got aero wipers for my S3 from www.wiperblades.co.uk. They're replacements for the existing blades so fit onto the original arms, and are only £24. Been on about a month now, been spot on. :icon_thumright:

My local GSF has the Aeros that fit onto the current arms at £17 plus the VAT.

OK, I see a deal on UKmkivs for full aero wiper front kit for a mk4 for £59 delivered! seems like a bargain if its the right one to fit!

cheers

Sorry to hijack, Do they actually stick to the screen at motorway speeds because my standard ones on my S3 only wipe half the screen when im on a motorway. The other night i was leaning over towards the passenger seat to see where i was going. Just dont know whether the aero thing is just for looks or a better alternative than standard.

guy I am gettign them off says his are ok to 146mph!

I find them better on the motorway then the stock ones (although my stock ones have been worn the entire time i've owned the car.)

They definately stick to your screen better at high speeds and actually look better IMO

nervus said:
They definately stick to your screen better at high speeds and actually look better IMO

Totally agree. Had them on my mk4 golf spot on and then when got the s3 had to change the standard pieces of rubbish to aeros. Look and perform SO MUCH better.

I need to replace my blades - which are best? the GSF Parts or the Wiperblade internet company ones? I like the Aero look. What are the correct parts numbers etc? My car is 2002 S3

Forgot to add that i am after a full kit opposed to just the wiper arms and blades

i bought mine off of ebay last week and cost about £18 all in - they go on the original arms - clear the screen 1 billion times better than the originals!

Search on ebay for S3 wipers

Aeros.jpg

got mine off eBay a while ago now. Bought them as R32 Aero Wipers but fit the S3 spot on :) Think i paid about £50 for the blades, arm and bolts