Service Indicator

Kef9

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive just had a longlife service and was wondering what the deal is with the service indicator.

Audi reset it and it said 8300 miles to go. Its now climbed to 9100 but has stayed there for a while. I thought the long life service was supposed to last for 19k miles?

Ive done approx 400 miles since the service I think.

Sorry if this a stupid question thats been asked many times but can someone please explain?

The long life service plan is based on your driving style and is not a set distance. In reality if all your driving is done on short trips I think its unlikely you'd get the 19k between service's. It does alter as you drive though so may well keep climbing.

Im glad someone replied. Cheers mate.

I do long trips which are mainly motorway so if it doesnt start climbing ill be a bit gutted.

How often does it change? I just find it a bit weird that it doesnt figure it out faster.

I reset mine on Saturday after I serviced the car, and it said 9300 miles to go until service.

I do about 120 miles a day, and mine only changed this morning and now says 16300 miles. Over the next week or so, given how I drive, I expect it to rise to about 18500 miles like it did last time.

My car went nearly 21000 miles between services last time.

Surely mine should say something similar by now then. Hopefully it should climb again soon. If it doesnt ill be on the phone to audi.

Its not as if im punishing the car. I travel at a constant 80-90 on the motorway but that is nothing for an S3 surely.

Hi Guys. I just took a look and it now says 8900 miles. Its gone down. Im not exactly pushing the car either.

Will it go back up? Can anyone offer me some advice.

I think I need to ring audi.

how do you guys reset the service lights?

my car is pretty high mileage, and im going to be keeping it for a little while, after which my mum wants it anyway.... so the audi service history isnt important anymore. im servicing it myself, and its always been kept in good health. my service inspection warning has recently appeared everytime i start her up.

any way i can get rid of this? if you have the services done by local garages how do they reset it? i know my local garage doesnt have any VAGCOM stuff to reset it at all, but have reset it on my dads A4 in the past?

It will climb as time moves on, it can take upto 3 weeks to start climbing again

Cant mind the exact details on how to reset it but it involves using the clock button and reset button for the odometer, look in your handbook it will tel you there

I hope it does start to climb. Ill give it a bit longer and if it keeps going down Ill give Audi a ring.

Well its gone down again, now to 8600 miles. ummmmm