tdi quattro bush replacment + anti roll bar

cg

Reaction score
hello everyone i'm new on here so take it easy. i had a search about and couldnt find anything helpfull and i need a bit of advice.

i am thinking of replacing all the bushes on my a3 tdi quattro 52 plate. i have heard all you have to do is cut out the old and replace with new. is it this simple. i think it is going to take a lot of time but someone tells me it is the best thing you should start with.
also the anti roll bar needs replacing so i thought i would get a white line bar as they are only 100 quid or so. would it be sencible to replace the drop links for white line bearing drop links at the same time.
thanks for all the help.

You would probably be as well to do it all at once tbh, ur gonna have it all apart anyway - i'm doing the same this weekend and replacing my arb bushes, should be interesting as i've never done it before lol.

cg said:
hello everyone i'm new on here so take it easy. i had a search about and couldnt find anything helpfull and i need a bit of advice.

i am thinking of replacing all the bushes on my a3 tdi quattro 52 plate. i have heard all you have to do is cut out the old and replace with new. is it this simple. i think it is going to take a lot of time but someone tells me it is the best thing you should start with.
also the anti roll bar needs replacing so i thought i would get a white line bar as they are only 100 quid or so. would it be sencible to replace the drop links for white line bearing drop links at the same time.
thanks for all the help.

i changed mine last year. one side was ok other was a pig.
hope you got flexible long arms and fingers. bushes and caps alone took about 3 hours but only 15 mins to dismantle

hi mate, welcome!
cg said:
also the anti roll bar needs replacing so i thought i would get a white line bar as they are only 100 quid or so.

if you're only thinking of changing one of your ARBs, be sure the replacement has the same rate as the OEM (which i doubt, its probably thicker). otherwise you will change the handling balance of the car. if you can, you should get a set of ARBs, or an OEM one.

ok cheers. i have been told whiteline are good at these sort of parts but they dont make arb's for the quattro. they do one for the fwd a3 and the s3 but not for the 4wd a3?
i have seen the h&r bars but are there any other companies people know about. thanks

cg... this is the list of parts from the Slug.... he found these and we have both used them to fit on our cars.

May be some help for you..

R32 ARB's Front and rear.....

1J0411305AF - STABILIZER
1J0411314T - RUBBER MOUNT (NEED 2)
1J0411336D - CLIP (NEED 2)
1J0511409K - STABILIZER
4B0511327 - MOUNTING (NEED 2)
8A0511439 - CLIP (NEED 2)

Hope it helps.

also the S3 ARBs will fit the quattro IIRC.
you can also "mix and match" to suit your liking...but just thinking about it, the tdi is probably heavier up front than the S3, just like an R32, so maybe the R32 set will be good...?

With the suspension kit and the R32 stuff, its working well for me. Nice and controlled with a lot less understeer. One of the better things that I have done for the cash.

I took my car in last week to have the ARB bushes replaced last week due to a creaking noise. But they found that the bit that the bushes push upto had broken away as they are only plastic. So its gone back in today for a new anti roll bar and bushes.

ok. i'll put it over the pit when my friends swift gti is off there. he is replacing the steering rack but they sent the wrong part twice.
third time lucky.

just as a note for the future are h & r the best for handling bits and bobs for audi's. i have been told that one of my front dampers are weeping. so i figgure i should get some uprated ones. i dont really want to lower the car as my previous car was lowered and i had some problems, mainly with the wildlife and fog lights.

thanks for all the help.

although i haven't tried them, bilstein B8 dampers are said to be the best for the S3 even when you're using stock springs.

i have had a look on balancemotorsport.co.uk and they sell the bilstien b12 which look good. and it would probabily make sence to replace all the shock and springs at the same time.
i dont think i can do this sort of job my self so does anyone know of someone who deals with VAG cars in the west midlands who can do this. if not i'll just go to the local garage.

yes i think your right. well im going to do the roll bar and the drop links at the week end. i was thinking that as i didnt want to lower the car getting something like eibach shocks and getting new standard springs as it already has the sport suspension and replacing the bushes.

the anti roll bar and droplinks arrived form balancemotorsport.co.uk. ordered at about 1 yesterday and it arrived at 10 this morning, well chuffed. will fit it on monday as i'm working till then. then its the bushes and some new springs and dampers then a set of toys and off i go to the rolling road.