My S3 0-60 vid

sitrials

Reaction score
Website
www.m-a-d.co.uk
Hey went out last night did a couple of vids of my 0-60s on my phone with a mate.(bless him)
i timed it with stopwatch and it came to 5.5secs give or take 0.1 from my lazy thumb!
Was on wet road so launch wasn't brilliant! but i'm well chuffed!:jump:
oh and i played with an elise on the A1 and won.
Heres the Link
YOU TUBE I KNOW BUT LET ME OFF!

excuse the laughter i think it actually hurt him!

Also you do know that 60 showing isnt 60? you need 3rd gear to hit it so 5.5 secs is defo wrong matey

Still bet it was fun tho

it was in third count the changes!
and i went to over 70 in that run,
oh my roadangel shows GPS verified that 60 was at 64 on the speedo.
so yes it was around 5.5secs
yeah my mate is fine he has a limp though! LOL:icon_thumright:

Didnt think S3's were that quick off the line, my 260bhp mr2 is about 5.5 secs 0-60 and its 2 wheel drive and will do it in second.

rodenal said:
Didnt think S3's were that quick off the line, my 260bhp mr2 is about 5.5 secs 0-60 and its 2 wheel drive and will do it in second.

maybe he had a hill start? lol

it was a totally flat road,:laugh: and if you turn the ESP off you get a much better take off!
oh and the colour is MING blue but i renamed it to MINGE.lol

rodenal said:

They're not. The best any of us managed with official timing at Inters last year was 6.12s.

even you chris?? with 330bhp surely!
i find it flies of the line!
will be there this year and i wanna really break that record!:icon_thumright:

Last year the S3 was just chipped (plus a few extras). In all honesty you neeed a lot more than a remap to take that much time of the 0-60 in these things.

No way is that 5.5 secs, sorry.

I did the same thing last year ... same power as you, dry road. Best run I got appears to be 6.0 seconds, but probably a fraction more? Mine was slightly more accurate in that I edited the video frame by frame - the video starts as soon as the needle moves and finishes as it hits 60mph.

Here's my vid:
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l181/busterjet/?action=view&current=run3.flv

0-60 is a terrible measure of the S3s power as you have to change gear twice to get there.

sitrials said:
oh my roadangel shows GPS verified that 60 was at 64 on the speedo.
so yes it was around 5.5secs

Sat navs are not accurate for this type of measure. Their co-ordinates measurement can be out by 20-50 feet. So over a short distance this makes speed calculations (finish coordinates-start coordinates, divided by time) extremely unreliable.

i see what your saying monkey trousers, but what Si ment, is he has checked his speedo speed against his GPS, and found that a genuine 60mph is 64 on his speedo, so when timming a 0-60 run he times from 0-64mph on his speedo.

that said, the 5.5seconds isnt quite right, i make it just over 6 from that vid :) timming from 0-64 displayed on the speedo :)

Prawn said:
i see what your saying monkey trousers, but what Si ment, is he has checked his speedo speed against his GPS, and found that a genuine 60mph is 64 on his speedo, so when timming a 0-60 run he times from 0-64mph on his speedo.

OK - fair do's.

I don't mean don't p*ss on his fireworks, it's just that 0-60 times are just "playground talk". Reminds me of comparing cars in Top Trumps! One statistic does not a car make.