Fuep pump for k04

KEF A3 20V T

Turbo's Rule
Reaction score
I am still researching my k04 upgrade and i was wondering weather an uprated fuel pump wil be needed. i was looking at walbro 225 litres per min pump anyone know if this would be enough??

225 Litres a min? wouldn't that empty your tank in about 15 seconds?

ummmmm possibly, but i think that u need to be able to deliver 4 bar of pressure at peak torque etc.n i wannna make sure that i can supply that

im wanting to run the injectors at 4 bar thought. does anyone know the fuel line pressure before the fpr?

Without knowing the exact pressures, i think you'd be fine on the stock fuel pump with a 4 bar FPR.

What CC injectors are you going for?

i am going to be using the s3 injectors (think the 360-380cc at 3 bar) just the last thing i want is the fuel rail pressure to drop and make the engine run lean, i guess the a3 fuel pump will bee running flat out, just thought be better to be safe than sorry!

The only A3 that *might* have a small fuel pump is the AGU, as this runs smaller injectors than later spec engines. I'd talk to someone like Jabbasport, they'll be able to give sound advice.

Unless you are getting the parts cheap etc i'm of the opinion that K04 isn't worth the hassle to upgrade to. I've seen K04 converted cars only make 10bhp/20lb_ft more than well set up K03s 1.8T's, that extra bang is only worth it if it's cheap because things like the downpipe are just a bitch to sort.