anyone got pics of brembo gt on there s3?

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
as above, wana see what they look like on the car!! + does it come with bigger discs or do they use the standard ones??

Standard is 312mm, Brembo GT's are 323mm IIRC, so very little difference in disk size, most noticeable difference is a bit more brake force applied to the disk during braking, due to being 4-pots.

OK, found this for you.( and yes, I did move my car forwards and backwards to get this shot lol.)

1e092c4e.jpg

Brembo GT's are 323mm discs mate, exactly the same as Leon Cupra R

Mine with RSTTs:
s3_new_015_medium.jpg

DSC00216_Small.JPG

Mine with S3 wheels:
DSC00035_Small.JPG

Hope this helps

Ash

thanks for the pics / info guys look really good! cant you get drilled or vented discs? any difference between the two apart from looks?

edward_harris said:
also when you say 4 pot that just means 4 pads instead of 2 dosent it??!!

it means that instead of one big piston on one side of the calliper, it has 4 that all push in, 2 on each side

I have them on my remapped S3 and they are very good, you will definitly need to change your brakes if your running that much power, cant comment whether or not they're up for the job of 330ish bhp tho, depends how hard you'll be driving it

edward_harris said:
also when you say 4 pot that just means 4 pads instead of 2 dosent it??!!
im sorry mate, but i have been reading your posts, I cannot actually believe you have spent 8k on your car and you have not the slightest idea about cars at all.

4 pads??? are you being serious?

they have 4 pistons per caliper instead of the std single piston

do you have rich parents who are just throwing money at you and you need to get it spent??? because you dont seem like an enthusiast to cars, otherwise you would have a fair idea about simple stuff like this...

have you thought of upgrading your flux capicator??? its a great upgrade to the std car

well you can't have read all the threads as someone asked me the same thing about the parent thing, and i replied that they dont give me any money and i work and pay for everything. OK i admit i dont no loads about the mechanics side ( hence why I'm getting someone else to do it) but i enjoy driving them, other wise i would have become a mechanic. and you must have asked the questions before or how would you no about them? if you dont ask how are you ever meant to no? thats the whole reason i joined this forum

i have read most of your posts.. and I laugh.. infact.. they make me laugh a lot, i call it common sence, something I see you lack a little off.

if you want to learn, try doing a search, check on google, howstuffworks.com

you are making yourself look foolish asking all these daft questions, a bit of a search and common sence would be your friend in a lot of your threads

why search when you get understading people on here who dont try to be-little others and post some usefull threads, and if i lack common sence how do i afford all this at my age, must be doing something right?

I was the one who suggested parents might be at work here. However, I do understand that you need to ask questions and everyone has to start somewhere.
We weren't born with car knowledge, and I personally have spent a long time learning what I do know,

Ed just needs some guidance, but I do think spending 8K should be better researched, however there will regardless be an awesome car at the end.

Ed - as and when you get it back drop me a PM if you want to test your 0-60 and 0-100 times as I have a private airstrip at my disposal...

edward_harris said:
why search when you get understading people on here who dont try to be-little others and post some usefull threads, and if i lack common sence how do i afford all this at my age, must be doing something right?
I am not trying to 'be-little' you, i am merely letting you see that your making yourself look a little silly with all these posts your starting.

and as for 'affording all this'
simple.. you dont have a mortgage to pay

I could if I wanted spend 8k on my car, but id rather plow it into my house, i will get more of a return from it.... you spending 8k on your car will not add any where near what you spent on it to the value come resale time... it will make it harder to sell on as it will only appeal to a small special market.

goodluck there.. and keep sponging off mummy and daddy ;) i cant see a 21 year old carpenter making the amount of money you would like to think you do ;) so either your gonna end up in a load of debt.. or as I and someone else mentioned sponging of mummy and daddy

Come on, lay off this guy? He's enthusiastic and takin a big step to buildin a potentially really interesting car. I dont necessarily disagree with you, but just think he doesn't deserve the grief some are giving him!

dont intend to sell the car anytime soon! you never make money on cars modded or not! your always gonna lose money, so if i sell the bits on there own i wouldn't get anything for them then?!
dont get a penny off the parents and i pay rent etc,

If I were you, I'd also be asking for a sit down with someone at APS for them to go through EXACTLY how your 8K is to be spent and exactly what each component does, how the uprated ones are better than OEM, why you need them and the basic operation of each.

So be asking:

How does a Turbo work, what makes the engine produce more power when a turbo is fitted, how does a larger turbo differ from a standard one, what is turbo lag.

What do injectors do, why would you need larger ones

What does an ARB do, how does fitting uprated ones work, what differences are there.

How do brakes work, how are Brembo GT kits different. How does brake fluid work, what is the difference between 5.1 and 4.

How does the engine get air into it, what does the air do, would you need to improve airflow

What tyres would be best for your driving style

How does different geometry suspension affect the car, how does it work, what impact do spring rates and damping rates have on the car

What doe sports catalysts do, do they show proven gains, do you need one, would it need to be combined with a new full system.

How do they intend to remap the ECU, what values does it change, how will they know these particular values will be best for your car.

How does a clutch work, will you need a stronger one

How much extra stress will be placed on the car as a result of this work, how can you minimise wear and tear, what will service schedules be like.

Ed, I used to work for a company that takes Jaguar XKR's, and mades them road legal 550Bhp monsters with uprated superchargers, suspension and aquamist, and people were spending 20-30K on these upgrades and not batting an eyelid.

These people were all, without fail, IDIOTS. The clever ones asked questions first....

You should be asking every single one of the above questions, and more, and recieving satisfactory answers before even making a deposit on the kind of work you are having done.

Right now, the way to move forward would be to understand what you have asked for, do some research, ask some questions, and schedule in a sit down with APS to discuss the work that is being carried out.

APS are going to making a tidy sum for the work they are doing, as they rightly should as they have the knowledge to carry out the work, but as a result, they are providing you a service, and you should take full advantage of this service.

fair enough mate.. apologies for the above.. i should just be quiet..goodluck in getting the car back, hope you enjoy it :)

Dave_Bayern said:
If I were you, I'd also be asking for a sit down with someone at APS for them to go through EXACTLY how your 8K is to be spent and exactly what each component does, how the uprated ones are better than OEM, why you need them and the basic operation of each.

So be asking:

How does a Turbo work, what makes the engine produce more power when a turbo is fitted, how does a larger turbo differ from a standard one, what is turbo lag.

What do injectors do, why would you need larger ones

What does an ARB do, how does fitting uprated ones work, what differences are there.

How do brakes work, how are Brembo GT kits different. How does brake fluid work, what is the difference between 5.1 and 4.

How does the engine get air into it, what does the air do, would you need to improve airflow

What tyres would be best for your driving style

How does different geometry suspension affect the car, how does it work, what impact do spring rates and damping rates have on the car

What doe sports catalysts do, do they show proven gains, do you need one, would it need to be combined with a new full system.

How do they intend to remap the ECU, what values does it change, how will they know these particular values will be best for your car.

How does a clutch work, will you need a stronger one

How much extra stress will be placed on the car as a result of this work, how can you minimise wear and tear, what will service schedules be like.

Ed, I used to work for a company that takes Jaguar XKR's, and mades them road legal 550Bhp monsters with uprated superchargers, suspension and aquamist, and people were spending 20-30K on these upgrades and not batting an eyelid.

These people were all, without fail, IDIOTS. The clever ones asked questions first....

You should be asking every single one of the above questions, and more, and recieving satisfactory answers before even making a deposit on the kind of work you are having done.

Right now, the way to move forward would be to understand what you have asked for, do some research, ask some questions, and schedule in a sit down with APS to discuss the work that is being carried out.

APS are going to making a tidy sum for the work they are doing, as they rightly should as they have the knowledge to carry out the work, but as a result, they are providing you a service, and you should take full advantage of this service.
I would agree with this 100%

before parting with my hard earned cash, i would want to know every single details of what I was actually buying. I would want the invoice totally itemised, just so you know exactly what you are paying for every item.. including the labour, and how many hours they have charged for fitting each seperate item your paying for.

If I was not happy with one bit of the above, I would be telling them so, and wanting a resolve, Dave has given you a lot of questions you need to ask yourself, and also if you cannot answer it in your own head.. ask APS so its settled in your own head.

yeah i will be asking alot of questions when i go to pick it up, I'm clued up on most things just not brakes, suspension, when it comes to engine etc i no the In's and outs of that, i used to do alot of go-karting and learned about engine works doing that but never really been interested in geometry etc! lol

edward_harris said:
any way another question what does an rs6 have on it arnt they 6pot?
they wont fit easily.. the 8L S3 is 5 x 100 the RS6 is 5 x 112, it wont be a bolt on kit, modification will be required, and you will have to find suitable discs

claudefrog said:
i have read most of your posts.. and I laugh.. infact.. they make me laugh a lot, i call it common sence, something I see you lack a little off.

if you want to learn, try doing a search, check on google, howstuffworks.com

you are making yourself look foolish asking all these daft questions, a bit of a search and common sence would be your friend in a lot of your threads

To be honest I agree
Ed mate, you are asking the same questions and getting the same answers
Has APS told you what this knocking noise is or are they taking more and more money off you
Do a massive engine rebuild and turbo upgrade and hope it goes away??

You seem to have jumped in both feet poss listening to APS with there claims of 330, 350, 400, 450 and even more BHP

8k is alot of money which ever way you look at it, and not too know for sure what they are doing with it is nothing less then stupid

You got to ask yourself what you want out of this conversion?

I'm sure it will be great when completed and I hope it all goes well for you

edward_harris said:
any way another question what does an rs6 have on it arnt they 6pot?

8 pot with a 365x34 discs

Back onto topic - another shot of the callipers in situ. These are behind 18 inch new RS4 reps.
DSCF0015.jpg

In terms of discs, the drilled ones have a reputation for cracking at the holes - I haven't had this problem (but I don't push my car that hard). The Leon ones are a lot cheaper, and are plain vented.

Badger Bill (www.badger5.co.uk) has now started making 2 piece discs with separate rotor - not sure if anyone is using them on here - he 'gave' some away on the seat forums as pre-production models to see how well they faired. I think there was a post on here with details a few weeks ago.

jcs356 said:
Back onto topic - another shot of the callipers in situ. These are behind 18 inch new RS4 reps.
DSCF0015.jpg

Looking good!:thumbsup:

JCS365 are those the Genuine Brembo items?
Surely if they did crack you should get free replacments as there not fit for purpose

HmanS3 said:
JCS365 are those the Genuine Brembo items?
Surely if they did crack you should get free replacments as there not fit for purpose

It's a result of drilling the discs. Porsche, Movit, Brembo, etc; all of them are susceptable. It's more likey to occur on discs that have the holes drilled as opposed to having the holes in the cast. Its due to the expansion and contraction of the disc under high heat input from hard braking.

I have my LCR brembos and Some MBT Brackets Now just need to work out What size disc's i need lol

I have to agree that form the visual thing as much as anything, (stealth) I am considering stock LCR discs to go wiht my Brembo GT kit.