Cup Holder!!!

Dean_20

Reaction score
now guys,

my cup holder in my dash is broke, it will not come out at all, its completey stuck and its annoying me!
What do you think the chances of me getting this sorted on my warrenty are? because i honestly can't see it being cheap for audi to replace it??

cheers!

Mine did the same thing. All I did was remove the surrounding panel (which just clips off with a little help from a screwdriver) and it then opened with little help. I then removed the unit by inserting 2 flat blade screwdrivers into the tabs along the top of the unit and then out it came. I then just re greased all of the hinges and sliding bits and it worked fine.

The only problem I did get was that when I put the surrounding panel back on it didnt open every time as the front was catching on the surrounding panel so a littel leverage on the surrounding panel to move it away from the drawer and it all works fine now.

well to start off with mine was out, but i accidently knocked it and it wouldnt go back in, i tried for ages to work out why it wouldnt go back in, so after 20 mins of getting ****** off, i just squeezed it together and forced it back in, so im sure if i take the panel and stuff of its not going to make a difference as it is ****** and needs replacing. just wondering if i can get it sorted on warrenty?

Doubt it's warranty but you never know till you ask. Seen a few on Ebay.de and sold one for about £12 myself.

If the cars in warranty and its broken then they will fix it..unless its obviously been broken by the owner, but how will they prove it. TBH if you have a decent dealer they will just do it no questions asked.

iv been in touch with the stealers and they said an extended warrenty will not cover stuff like that, so im not happy.
any ideas where i can get this sorted guys as there just aint enough hours in a day for me to have ago?

cheers

If you dont have enought time for 20 minutes to pull the srrounding panel off and pop it out with a screwdriver then you probably dont have enough time to care that its broken ;-)

20 mins more like 10 tops ;-). 9 minutes of that is pulling the radio out unless you are lucky with those clips.

I think they are about £20 from VAGparts.com.