Hmmmm - This S3 doesn't add up

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Found this the other day and i can't figure it out, it's apparently on a V plate - 1999 and thats correct when you see the pre-facelift front & back lights & the boot - but the interior photos would make me think it's a facelift model.

It's only down the road from me so i'm going to go for a look anyway but it's a bit odd IMO - anyone got any ideas as to how this could happen?

http://www.ready2retail.co.uk/vehicle-details.asp?new=&region=&order=&Model=&Make=&notMake=&notModel=&BodyType=&FuelType=&Transmission=&intMin=&intMax=&RSpage=2&ID=245513&popup=

conclusion - its a different car. V reg is no where near 'accidentally' getting a facelift interior at the factory, and i dont think anyone would go round swapping it all out. I think those interior shots have chrome mirrors, where as the exterior shots dont. you'd hope it atleast has the silver seats in real life, i guess thats why theyve used the same shots from another one.

I agree with Paul, dealers often use pictures from archive as car sales people are generally lazy barstewards (apologies to any car sales people on this forum, this is my experience and opinion only).

just re-checked the photos and the interior shots don't tie up with the exterior ones either - looks like housing in the interior and an industrial estate on the exterior shots.

I think the dealer doesn't have a clue about S3's - and seems to have got all the wrong information from t'internet

looking again, its insanely expensive. v reg with 90k? surely more like 8k for that.

It is well overpriced.

He must be a home dealer as phone number is an Ashtead number and have a compound in Croydon.

Don't be surprised, dealers are always over priced! :sorry:

foolish3uk said:
if your really unlucky then a "V" could be a 180 bhp s3 as well!!

I always thought the S3 was 210bhp when it first arrived and then got the 15bhp upgrade to 225 from late 2001(ish).