I'll get my coat......

col6821

Reaction score
After selling my S3 I've driven a Seat Ibiza Cupra 160 Tdi and tonight a Fabia Vrs, and I have to say I prefer the Fabia. A slightly unfair comparison as the Ibiza had covered 52k miles and the Fabia only 18k, but the build quality seemed better and the road noise was much less.

I'm probably going to put a deposit on the Fabia tomorrow, but I'd like to stay around this forum as there's been much 130PD engine tuning on here and MRC are on my doorstep....

The car is Black Magic, so I'm thinking - have my old S3 alloys refurbed in gunmetal grey and fit them fo a subtly different look...

You mean like this...
vrs.jpg

This is someone of Seatforum.net - he's got 17 inch TT wheels on his.

I cant see the link, but if it's black, de-badged and has 17" TT 5 spokes, that's the one!
I had the idea on my own though, honest!

New fabia in the german press today.....! Be careful on price, the new one looks funky! Prices are gunna drop I think.........?

simch said:
New fabia in the german press today.....! Be careful on price, the new one looks funky! Prices are gunna drop I think.........?

Probably...
But at the moment there are very few vRS's about...so prices are high.
The SE vRS has been shown (Race Blue, red callipers, dark windows, CD changer, cruise and full black leather with blue piping and unique numbering of the 1000 cars) and the demand for those is HIGH!

The new shape vRS isn't going to be out for another year or so anyway...

col6821 said:
After selling my S3 I've driven a Seat Ibiza Cupra 160 Tdi and tonight a Fabia Vrs, and I have to say I prefer the Fabia.

I have driven a few vRSs and in my opinon they are one of the better handling VAG cars available at the moment.
How many others will give you a few degrees of lift off oversteer - not 205 GTI like, but half an armful none the less.

I tried a bog standard vRS back to back against my well sorted Mk3 Golf GTI 16v (190 BHP, quaife diff, koni coilovers, Eibach ARBs, Toyo tyres, 312mm brakes etc) and the Fabia was within a few seconds of the times I could do in my Mk3, over a 17 mile challenging back road.
Those vRSs go...and go well...and despite the lofty ride height, handle very well indeed for a standard 'warm hatch'.