POWER GASKET... ANYONE

I've heard they are good for 50bhp and 80lbft of torque /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Nah Dude, only half that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, the insulated gaskets (if indeed this is what Matt was reffering to) supposedly help keep temps down, but mainly at idle. I think a search for Phenolic Spacers should call up something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hmm, haven't got one myself, but I HAVE considered it. I read somewhere that it kept the intake cool enough that you could hold it after a good run /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Which, I wouldn't even TRY currently /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I'll look around and see if I can find that review /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OK dude, take a look Here and Here. There's also a thread in the Tech Forum Here.

Looks like the PowerGasket is NOT a true Phenolic spacer, but might be better, as it isn't as thick, so it doesn't offset the injectors as much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Any notable performance agins on An a3 tq? Mines alraedy at awesome on friday for a remap, could get that at the same time ?

Have a word with jim when you get there, he bound to have tryed it on one of his cars.... i would have thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have one almost a month now, but have not yet got the change to try it. It is not that difficult to fit but i wonder if i will feel any difference.

Will post soon, when i fit it & have some logs with Vag-com.

Nikos.

[ QUOTE ]
dbm said:
Sorry, I'm completely non-mechanical. Can you tell me more?

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I THINK excursion is reffering to an Air Charge Temp gauge, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

All that does dbm, is tell you what temp the incoming air is, in this case, so you'd be able to more easily see how much of a difference this gasket makes on intake temp.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif