Drivers seat doesnt lock in place properly, how do i fix it?

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hi guys, this has been bothering me for a little while now, and ive just got around to posting it!

my drivers seat wont lock into place properly after being tilted forward for rear access.

when its locked down, the left hand clip roates around the metal bar and locks into place as it should, but on the right hand side, the metal plate with the slot in, which rotates around the bar to hold the seat in, basicly, er, doesnt!

it just slides over the locating bar, but doesnt rotate around it and lock into place

with the seat up i can rotate the part by hand and itll lock into place just fine, but when the seats lowered, it wont rotate and lock my seat down

this is really annoying as when i go round a roundabout with any speed whatsoever, the right ahnd side of my seat moves out of place!

any ideas?

thanks

Nick

S3 seats are absolutely *****, im totally fed up with mine, they rattle like hell, are a pain in the *** to slide and tilt etc, i had much greater expectations from Recaro before i bought the S3...

Sorry this dosent help you out!

I've stripped mine down a couple of times, very easy to remove the seat from the car, then you can put it in the house / garage to work on it peoperly and you can see what your doing, only 2x 13mm bolts at the front then the seat and subframe slide back as one.