hid/xenon conversion

dantheman1986

Reaction score
looking at getting one of these kits! does anyone recomend a certain kit or brand? wanting the purpleish light the same as on my mates lupo gti! his lights are awesome, thanks guys

i wanted to do this but im sure i read on one post that as the units draw less power the on board computer registers a fault and therefore will constantly give a warning, not sure how true but just thought id let you know.

whats the most popular k rating? i like the purpleish colour like my mates vw lupo gti they look cool, will they be 10000k

I bought my kit from the above link, jbrperformance.co.uk and nothing but good things to say, the price was right and the units are great.

Yeah but the light output is shocking, you might as well get used to the lights on a Mk2 golf, as they are about that good. Pointless IMHO.

Consider that if you have projectors, light output shows as if bulb had more K.
Mine are 5000k, supposedly white, but they look sky blue due to projectors...

Im still wainting for my kit, i paid £85 to pav767 on here in jan for a group buy. They have not turned up yet, Not had the cheque for the refund yet and cant get him to answer PMs. Im really not happy at all. I want my HID's !!

How long have you been waiting for them?

Scratch that, how did you pay him?

I'm just about to order some from a US site, I need to find the web address highly recommend by the Seat Forum!

They work out to be £54 inc P&P
Price goes down when you order between 5- 9 kits and so on
I have got 4 people who want some, so let me know
I will post the link tomorrow and see what you think

A4Quattro said:
How long have you been waiting for them?

Scratch that, how did you pay him?

Been waiting since Jan. I payed with pay pal.

@ Marmite : £54sounds brilliant.i would be up forthat its just i feeling reluctant to pay for more HID's when i havn'thad the first lot i payed for from pav767.

A3-frankie said:

@ Marmite : £54sounds brilliant.i would be up forthat its just i feeling reluctant to pay for more HID's when i havn'thad the first lot i payed for from pav767.

Well this company accept paypal, so I was going to mail them depending on interest if we pay them with a ref code will they do the group discount, that way they can post them out us and I don't have to worry about collecting money either

I will get cracking with it tomorrow or Monday

A3-frankie said:

Contact Paypal and tell them you have not recieved your goods, they will start off a dispute and if he does not answer within 30 days you'll get your money back.

I have just this moment looked into that but becausei have been understanding and gave him the time i am now outside the dispute time your allowed. that is really annoying, I will havve to remember it for the future though.

Hi there
Looking at your MD01 kit
I'm a member on a Audi Forum www.audi-sport.net and we are looking for a poss group buy on this product.

You advertise a discount when buy more kits but is this in one transaction?

My thought was if we could agree a group by poss 10 - 15 kits we could pay via paypal individually with a ref number or word, do you think this is poss

I will get a full list of what is wanted and present it too you

Thank you

Simon Levy

Just mailed them so we shall see what they say!

A3-frankie said:
Im still wainting for my kit, i paid £85 to pav767 on here in jan for a group buy. They have not turned up yet, Not had the cheque for the refund yet and cant get him to answer PMs. Im really not happy at all. I want my HID's !!

Feel bad for you, was going to say at the time that the only way I was going to part with my cash was if a more senior member got involved but didnt want to be out of order

Yeah i was also in on this deal but backed out when i realised he wanted all our money first - a bit out of order from a fellow forum member.

BTW marmite i'd be in on the new deal depending on price

Count me in HID for around 50quid bargin:hubbahubba:

Question What colour temp would be best, what a white, with tint of blue.

MARMITE- Count me in please, PM me with the details please.

Thanks alot, Lloyd

Ok the company mailed me back today
They can only do a discount if all the kit are sent to 1 address

So I was thinking it maybe easier if everyone ordered there own?? just a thought or the other way is if people live near each other

If all the kits get sent to me and we save £5 a kit say it is going to cost more then we save to resend them on

If anyone lives in my area I don't mind if you want to collect them from my work or home but I can't see much more savings, they won't discount further then it says on the site

Sorry....
I will be ordering 5 sets as that is who wants them so far living local to me on Monday

So let me know guys

Thats alright they're a good price anyway i'll just order a set for myself i reckon as ur nowhere near me.

Cheers for trying tho!

guys what set do i need for a 2000 x reg A3 1.8tqs? is it h7 fitment? and also will i need the relay kit? oh and are the face lift headlights the same bulb fitment as the pre-facelift as im hoping to fit some of them soon, cheers

Check your own bulbs for the fitment, for all the two minutes it'll take you instead of relying on somebody else - if its 1 prong its an H1, iirc the full beams on pre facelift are H7 and main beams H1, which is the same as the facelift lights i have.

A4Quattro said:
Marmite, doesn't your RS6 have them as std?

The kit is for my Mini and 1 for my wifes Bora

so do these hid kits only work on full beam so i would need h7 fittment? so i would only have hid lights when on full beam? that sucks i want it all the time

No lol you can put them to whatever bulb you like, im just saying go to your car and check what your headlamp is, then order the correct kit.

i.e H1 / H7

So has anyone taken the plunge yet and bought a set. Very interested to see if they work well

One question, will they pass MOT cos the A3 OEM's are auto ajustin.

If you set them right they'll pass fine