Ecotek Valve on S3

They're a con mate, do nothing and can harm your engine.

rodenal said:
They're a con mate, do nothing and can harm your engine.
wheres you proof though i had no problem with it on my mk5 polo and it helped fuel consumption!
its a clever little device and i believe it works!
Si

I have an Ecotec valvue fitted, I had it when i had my 1.8t sport and it def helped the fuel consumpsion there but I'm not sure with my S3 as i fitted it straight away. If it does work Its not as good as it was on my old A3 as I am now only getting 25-28mpg.

I may turn if to the off position for a week or 2 to see if it makes any difference.

I don't get folk that think the eco-tek valve works. It is fitted onto the vacum hose of the brake servo.

The idea of it as that it causes the air going into the induction manifold to 'swirl' this is supposed to help the mixture of fuel to air. in theory it sounds like it could work in a standard engine but the setup instructions are hardly precision. It just seems to inaccurate to fit to a fully electronically controlled engine.

Turbo charged engines are forced induction which means an eco-tek valve will do nothing in these engines.

The question you have to ask yourself is if these things were so good, do you not think manufacturer's would have developed a similar instrument to fit into there engines considering how long they have been about for ?

On a finishing note, I had one fitted to a clio williams and I took it off the day after, the engine just wouldn't run right and that noise is a pain in the **** !